divide a list-based menu

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
tirussell
Beginner
Beginner

divide a list-based menu

Post by tirussell »

I have list-based menu running v5.813, and it mostly works great.

However, I need one of my sub-menus to split into two columns.

I've tried creating a new style that has "divides=2" declared, and then giving the <ul> tag the class of this new style, but it doesn't seem to work.

Is there any way to get my submenu to hears a "divides" declaration?

Thanks!
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Re: divide a list-based menu

Post by Ruth »

Hi,

No, it's not possible. Divides is a menu property and needs to be applied in each menu. Of course with the list menus the only menu that gets properties listed is the main menu in that buildListMenu area. I have posted to Milonic about your need, but I have no idea just how involved, or how much time, the programming would take to try and get it applied through a style.

Ruth
Andy
Milonic
Milonic

Post by Andy »

Hi,

We are almost ready to go with an Alpha version of the new menu. It is List Based by default and is still quite far from complete but it is working well for some menus.

If you let me have your UL/LI HTML I'll see what I can do - we need as many menu types and styles as we can get hold of to ensure that the menu does what it says on its tin.

Cheers,
Andy
tirussell
Beginner
Beginner

Post by tirussell »

That's great! :D

Here is the page:
http://www.trinitydc.edu/newadmissions/cas/Home.html (beware: sound)

The long menu on that flies out from "Programs" on the left side of the page is what I would like to divide into two columns, because right now it is too long for the page.

Thank you!
Andy
Milonic
Milonic

Post by Andy »

I'm now getting a 404 error when I visit http://www.trinitydc.edu/newadmissions/cas/Home.html