select boxes partially showing through menu IE6

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
davejet
Beginner
Beginner

select boxes partially showing through menu IE6

Post by davejet »

Hi there,
I am about to buy the javascript menu for an intranet.
I have found a problem with the menu in IE6 which most of our users still use.

When the menu is shown over a select box, the select box is partially visibile through the menu.
I have played about with the menus position on the page and noticed it happens when the menu is in an absolutely positioned div. It doesnt happen when the div is relative. Unfortunately, some of our menus will be in divs that are absolutely positioned due to the nature of our code.

I played about with the z-index of the div containing the menu to see if that impacted things but it did nothing. I tried setting zindex in the menustyle for the menu and this didnt do anything either. I checked the select boxes to see if they were in a div with a z-index and they are not.

Is there a way around this or could you offer any help?

I am using the sample menu "Using The Popup Menu Function Positioned by Images"
http://milonic.com/menusample24.php

Thanks,
Dave
John
 Team
 Team

Re: select boxes partially showing through menu IE6

Post by John »

If you're using everything exactly as it came in from the link you provided, you'll note these 2 lines...

Code: Select all

outfilter="Fade(duration=0.2);";
overfilter="Fade(duration=0.2);Alpha(opacity=90);Shadow(color=#777777', Direction=135, Strength=3)";
Note opacity defined here. You can either remove them completely, change the opacity setting, or just comment them out.
John
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Re: select boxes partially showing through menu IE6

Post by Ruth »

Also, you can see this sample, which is set up over select boxes and a flash object. If you are still having the problem after fixing what John posted, then you need to provide us with the page so we can see everything and test it.

http://milonic.com/menusample14.php

Ruth