menuDisplay not working

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
mcarlson
Advanced
Advanced

menuDisplay not working

Post by mcarlson »

I'm just trying to get a menu to display when I click on a link. I can't get the menuDisplay function to work.
Here is a stripped down sample page I've set up just to test it, but I can't get it to work.

http://cbt.cycloneinteractive.net/indextest.cfm

Anyone have any suggestions??
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Re: menuDisplay not working

Post by Ruth »

Hi,

Well, you can try the popmenu instead.

Code: Select all

<a href=# onclick="popup('MainMenu',1)"><font size=3 color=green>Showmenu</font></a>
Not sure how that is going to work, since the menu won't stay open unless you set it as keepalive, and then it still won't stay open once you mouseover something.

I dont' know about the menuDisplay thing. If you could explain what you want to do maybe I can get info from Milonic.

Ruth
mcarlson
Advanced
Advanced

Post by mcarlson »

I'm actually trying to have the menu show using a Javascript call from Flash. There is a Flash animation on the home page, and at a certain point I want the menu to appear so it seems it is part of the animation. This should be relatively easy to do, as Flash can call javascript functions, and the menuDisplay() function is supposed to show the menu. I can't get the menuDisplay() function to work, however. The test page has everything stripped out except what would be necessary to make that happen.
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

Hi,

I think this is going to have to go through http://milonic.com/support/

If you can't use that, then post back and I will try to contact Milonic about this. It is beyond my capabililites. I am sure it can be done, just I don't know how to do it. :( Sorry.

Ruth