Problem of Version 5+ with IE8

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
Genevois
Advanced
Advanced

Problem of Version 5+ with IE8

Post by Genevois »

Hi, quite often the menu gets stuck with IE8 on a page with pure <div> layout. The menu still works but when my mouse cursor passes a menu and then moves on to other menus, all previous menus will stay there. So in the end, I will see many menus stacking there.

Do you know why I'm having this problem and if there is a solution?

Many thanks.
Genevois
Advanced
Advanced

Re: Problem of Version 5+ with IE8

Post by Genevois »

I reinstalled IE8 today and the problem seems to have been resolved. I guess it was a bug in the first official release of IE8.
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

Hi,

Thanks very much for posting this information, it's always helpful to know solutions.

However, you should also note that the menu version you have is 3 years old, more or less, and IE8 wasn't even around back then. If you have any other IE8 issues, the only fix I know would be to upgrade to the newest version of the menu.

Ruth
Genevois
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Genevois »

Hi Ruth, could you tell me how long a license is valid? It seems I'm now asked to purchase a new license. Also, is there a discount for upgrade? Many thanks.
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

Hi,

Your 'license' is good in perpetuity, you can use the menu forever! However, the purchase price when you bought it included 1 year of support and downloads of any new levels for that year. After that, support needs to be renewed by the year. I do not work for Milonic, I just love the menu and so volunteer to help on the forum :) I don't know about pricing as to upgrading, especially since it is 3 years since it was renewed. You would have to contact Milonic for that http://milonic.com/contact.php

Ruth