Making the Milonic Menu work with frames

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
NAdams
Beginner
Beginner

Making the Milonic Menu work with frames

Post by NAdams »

Hello everyone, I am very new to Milonic menus but I like what I see so far. Here is my issue that I hope to get help with: I am using frames for an Enterprise level website (I know frames...dont have to go any further) and the menu needs to reside in a seperate htm file for example ddmenu.htm and the submenus show up in the resulting content pages. I understand the concept of what is supposed to happen but and this is a BIG but, within the very detailed instructions of the Milonic menus there is no instruction on how to make this happen.

There is a brief reference to a add-on module-mm_navframe.js but no instruction on how to use it, were to put it or anything; just that "The add-on module-mm_navframe.js does the work." There is no further instruction on how to use this add-on module. Can someone at Melonic help me with this?

Thank you in advance,

Neil
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Re: Making the Milonic Menu work with frames

Post by Ruth »

Hi,

In the download, in the extras folder there is a folder for frames. If you open the page you see a 'side main menu' and a 'top main menu, and then the 'body' where the submenus open. The header page, and side page show the call for the mm_navframe.js file along with the milonic program files and the 'main' menus for each of those 'pages'. On the 'body' page, that is the page where the submenus open you call the milonic program files and the 'submenu' file. I think that example, if you go down toward the bottom of the page it shows the file calls.

Hope this helps.

Ruth