IE6 Issues w/ Vertical Menu

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
Eric1
Beginner
Beginner

IE6 Issues w/ Vertical Menu

Post by Eric1 »

I'm currently using the latest ( 5.830 ) version of Milonic for my site.

Whenever I go to it in IE6, I get an error message:

Runtime Error Has Occurred
Line: 20
Error: Class doesn't support Automation

I choose "No" on the debug and my menu is gone from the left hand side.

It works fine in every other browser version (IE7,IE8,FireFox,Safari). It's only IE6 is where I have issues. For now, I had to add some javascript that places a box at the top of the site if they're using IE6. But I would like it to work since a handful of users do visit the site with IE6 every day.

I didn't do anything special to the code other than changing the background color and the hover color. The rest is default from Milonic.

I've tried going back a few versions but still get the same result. Any idea why this would be happening? Is Milonic not IE6 compatible?

For the website info for people who wish to test, the site is http://www.engineeredvictories.com

Thanks.
Andy
Milonic
Milonic

Re: IE6 Issues w/ Vertical Menu

Post by Andy »

Hi Eric,

I just tried your site with IE6 and the menu worked perfectly.

Sounds like it might be a problem with Visual Studio (I'm guessing it's running and that's why you get the debug option)

Anyway, some people say to try this:

Open a command prompt and enter these commands
regsvr32 msscript.ocx [enter]
regsvr32 dispex.dll [enter]
regsvr32 vbscript.dll [enter]

Let me know if that helps or not.
Eric1
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Eric1 »

I ran those, all succeeded, loaded up IEtester with IE6 and it gave me the same error message.

I went on http://ipinfo.info/netrenderer/ to see what my site comes up with on IE6 and it looks like my menu is missing also from their screenshot.
Andy
Milonic
Milonic

Post by Andy »

I ran those, all succeeded, loaded up IEtester with IE6 and it gave me the same error message.
It's definitely an issue with Visual Studio - I guess if your users are running IE6 (which they really shouldn't - I have seen trojans take heavy control of PC's within seconds through infected websites via IE6 holes) then there is a chance that they will not be running Visual Studio. And even if they are then they may not be having the same issue as you are seeing. I really wouldnt worry too much about it.
I went on http://ipinfo.info/netrenderer/ to see what my site comes up with on IE6
The menu will not appear in netrenderer because it's JavaScript - looks like netrenderer cannot process Javascript code.

Again it's working for me on my IE6
Eric1
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Eric1 »

That's a relief! Thanks Andy.