Mouse Over on Treemenu

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
hoggm2
Beginner
Beginner

Mouse Over on Treemenu

Post by hoggm2 »

Hi, I am re-developing our site using the treemenu code to make a collapsible menu. View at http://www.picassohr.co.uk/consultancy/home.php
I want the sub-menu to expand when the mouse is over the appropriate menu item. The mouse over does work if type=tree is removed. E.g the "Training Courses" submenu items do automatically show on mouse over.

Is what I want a supported capability or am I missing something in the config?

Regards

Martin
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Re: Mouse Over on Treemenu

Post by Ruth »

Hi,

No, you are not missing anything :) The treemenu is designed to use on click in order that when a main item is clicked, it not only tells the menu to open the submenu sliding it down, but it also 'shifts' all the other content of the main menu down whatever space is necessary for the submenu content. Mouseovers are designed to open things over whatever content is on the page in the area that the submenu, in this instance, opens. You can put a regular Milonic menu in that area and set it up so that the submenus open right below their parent item, but the other main items will not shift, the submenu will open over them which is not a good thing.

Is there some reason you don't want the menu to use onclick?

Ruth
wpatters1229
Super Advanced
Super Advanced

Post by wpatters1229 »

Hi Ruth...I have the same question. I want the mouseover to open the treemenu because the top level menu item is a link to another page. Is it not possible at all with the tree or do I have to make the submenu contain my top level menu item and just make the top level clickable with out a link?

I just think it should be either way...a configurable decision
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

Hi,

Yes, you have to put the links in the subs. The 'main' is really only to open the related subs. This menu was never release and development was stopped a couple of years ago, but as I said in the previous post, it seems to work for what most want so many do use it. Sorry, but I know nothing about programming so I don't even know if it would be possible to make it work on mouseover, or how much program changes would have to be made to make it do that :(

Sorry.

Ruth