Facebook effect for rollovers?

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
jgold723
Super Advanced
Super Advanced

Facebook effect for rollovers?

Post by jgold723 »

How do I get the same effect Facebook has on their menu system, where the rollover color is a lighter shade of the off background color? Do I just look for a color that is a little bit lighter? Or is there a better way?

Thanks,

John
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Re: Facebook effect for rollovers?

Post by Ruth »

Where is there a menu on facebook? I see no menu at the site, and I clicked on a person at facebook listed in a search engine and I saw no menu on the page that came up.

Ruth
jgold723
Super Advanced
Super Advanced

Post by jgold723 »

Hi Ruth -- it is the "Home" "Profile" and "Account" buttons on the top right-hand section of the page. If you roll over them, the background color lightens just a bit -- almost like a screen.
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

Hi,

OK, I found a page at the developers area that does have a menu. There are tools out there, many of them free which you can use to 'pick' colors. Try a search for free web page color choosing programs. Those are usually pretty limited in the sense that they only have fixed color palettes from which to choose. I have an old old old program available to me, and if you could give me your first color choice, I could use it to make up and give you a bunch of 'lighter' choices based on that first color from which you can choose. My program isn't good for anything else anymore, but I keep it because it lets me do custom color choices :)

Ruth