Trying to use an ID tag listener

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
Nullstate
Beginner
Beginner

Trying to use an ID tag listener

Post by Nullstate »

Hi, I have a very non-standard need to be able to click on a menu item that merely has an id tag and a text tag. The id tag is used by another program that is using an id listener for when that tag is triggered. In regular HTML it looks like this:

Code: Select all

<a id="show11">Home page settings</a>
This triggers a listener which then loads a modal DHTML window. I can't show you an example because it is behind a login, but could put a sample together if needed.
This is what I'm trying:

aI("text=Home Page settings;id=show11;");
When I hover over the menu item, I see

javascript: void(0);
Do you know how I might make this work?
Thank you,
-john
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Re: Trying to use an ID tag listener

Post by Ruth »

Hi,

I will post to Milonic, since I think this is beyond my knowledge, but a sample would be very useful making it much easier to trouble shoot.

Ruth
Nullstate
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Nullstate »

Ruth wrote: I will post to Milonic, since I think this is beyond my knowledge, but a sample would be very useful making it much easier to trouble shoot.
Unfortunately, the code calls to a Yahoo (YUI) library. All I can say is it works in standard HTML link. Here is the Yahoo page for the addListener method of the YAHOO.util.Event class:
http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/docs/YAH ... Event.html

-john
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

Hi John,

I haven't been able to reach anyone. I think you will need to try filling a support ticket here http://milonic.com/support/

Ruth