Hide or Display a separate Menu

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
terrym
Advanced
Advanced

Hide or Display a separate Menu

Post by terrym »

Hi again

I am currently using a Milonic Frames Menu 5.830, and it is working exactly as I want it too. No surprises there then!

But does anyone know if I can have another menu of the same type, but lower down in the frame so eventually both menus would be visible, and that is normally hidden and will only be shown if the viewer opens a particular page?

The purpose of this exercise is to allow additional pages to be viewable ONLY when a user has logged on.

Thanks in advance
Terry
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Re: Hide or Display a separate Menu

Post by Ruth »

Hi,

I have been trying to figure out how to do this, but have not been successful. I think you will need to post to Milonic for help on this

Go to the main site, http://milonic.com/ and at the bottom of the page is a text link to tech support that will take you to the support system where you can open a ticket

Ruth
terrym
Advanced
Advanced

Post by terrym »

Hi Ruth

I guess it must be a really hard request if you are unable to come up with a reply. And sadly, the site I am developing for is a Religious Non-profit group and therefore I do not qualify for Technical Support. So I suppose I'll just have to bite the bullet and think of another way to achieve what I want to do.

But thanks for your time and effort anyway.

Terry
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

Hi,

You should be able to open a ticket, you are at the newest version.

The problem I have is figuring out how to do this with frames, the only way I can think to do it is to have a page load into that existing menu frame when you log in. So I can explain clearly, let's say you are just on a regular non frame site. Everyone gets to page X, now those who are registered log in, when they log in they get to page XY, everyone else only sees page X with that menu, but those logged in get to XY and it now has that menu, plus the other one you want.

Now, with frames, the only way I can figure it is that you have a page in the 'menu' frame, let's call it the entry page which shows menu a, which I am assuming has a log in on it. Then when people log in you need to have a different page show in that frame for the people who are logged in. It's kind of hard to visualize, but I hope that gives you the idea.
terrym
Advanced
Advanced

Post by terrym »

Hi again

Thanks for all that. I'll have a proper look at it and see what happens.

In the meantime, I have created an Milonic account, but I still cannot get support because I haven't actually bought anything (with money!) from them. And they are virtually saying that they are so busy that they just cannot support "those users who use the free license" like me.

So that's it really.
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

Opps, sorry. I didn't realize you had a free license. I will be glad to try and help you as you work on this. As I said the only way I know to get the two menus, one being not visible to those not logged in, is to set up a page that loads into that frame for those who are logged in which will then have that extra menu on it.

Ruth
terrym
Advanced
Advanced

Post by terrym »

Hi again

I will look forward to see what you come up with.

Thanks indeed
Terry