New person query.

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
MountainMan
Beginner
Beginner

New person query.

Post by MountainMan »

I have been very impressed by the Menu - easy installation, easy understanding how to adapt it to my client's requirements.

Here is the draft page http://www.addacumen.com/base_sites/cl/ As it is a work in progress it may change over time.

However, two things
  • The menu is visible on the web page. Examine the source code and there is no menu. Problem.
    • How does a web crawler get to see the links?
    • Were is the menu in the creation code?
  • I wanted to use smallcaps for the menu items. Adding it to menu_data.js crashed the whole show. I did try various alternatives but to no avail.
    • Solution. Declare them for the body and then cancel them for all the other parts of the page. Works; but is inelegant.
Could I be advised please how to solve these two problems?

They are larger problems in a real world.

I would like to use Milonic Menus on dynamic sites. If the solution to the first is to embed a java invisible menu map within the page that becomes harder on dynamically created pages.

And the CSS which is applied is the last man to speak (generally). If we do not know where this happens it is hard to know how to construct css files to achieve our desired effect without even more miles of testing than css usually requires. Perhaps

Thank you for your help

TD