Insert video into my webpage

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
thewolfe
Super Advanced
Super Advanced

Insert video into my webpage

Post by thewolfe »

Hi Ruth,

Hope all is well and your electricity is holding up.

I was looking at a video and the site gave me the code to add to my site.

I tried to just post it in, still using FrontPage, and can't get it to work.

I was going to add it under the "Bible Quiz" segment. Don't know if the right column space my be a problem. Actually as you know I don't know "diddly".

Here's the site. http://www.swingreader.com/video/view/lnyas1KX

P.S. Still haven't made an decisions on a search script.
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Re: Insert video into my webpage

Post by Ruth »

Hi,

Well, I've tried inserting and using the code. I can get the iframe to load and then you see a bunch of links which are not visible at the site, i.e. 'view on swingreader, download swingreader and so on. While I see that I can also see the bottom 'loading' bar on IE8 that is inching about 1 mm every 5 secs or so, lol. Now, I am doing this thing from my desktop, that is, loading the page I made which is on my desktop, so I don't know what would happen if it were actually on the web. Here is my suggestion. I will paste an html page code here. Make a page like this and upload it at the test area of your site and then go to it and see if this works.

Code: Select all

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<html>
<head>
	<title>Test Video</title>
</head>
<body>
<TABLE BORDER='1' CELLSPACING='0' CELLPADDING="2" width='100%'>
 <TR>
 <TD><iframe id=tempiframe name=tempiframe width="460" height="640" src="http://www.swingreader.com/video/view/lnyas1KX/ben-austin-s-swing-analysis-of-sergio-garcia?embed=true" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe></TD>
 </tr></table>
    </body></html>
See what happens if you just have that on the page up on the web. Sorry I can't be of more help, but the video is on someone else's site and I have no access to it, i.e. it is not legal for me to download the video and put it at my site and see if it works. I do know that .swf objects do work. I've worked with them and had them up at my site for testing, so I think this has to be something to do with the fact that it is working from a different url. Also, I did get it to work in FF15, but every other browser throws a bunch of errors. Even FF15 showed errors, and IE8 also shows errors, though I can't find out just exactly what they are. Again, because the item is on someone else's server.

Sorry, I can't be of more help on this.

Ruth
thewolfe
Super Advanced
Super Advanced

Post by thewolfe »

Hi Ruth,

Thanks for the input. I can hyperlink to those sites and probably do it that way so I don't take up so much of my on webpage space.

Can't see something w/o out giving it a try.

Doug
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

If we didn't give things a try, we would be dull, boring, sticks in the mud! Besides, trying helps us to develop our soul, our spirit, to develop the self that we are, and over time and learning, become. So, I say "Have at it!"

:)

Ruth