Two menus on one page - fontsize of second-levels wrong

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
decomplexity
Beginner
Beginner

Two menus on one page - fontsize of second-levels wrong

Post by decomplexity »

Currently running V5.949 licensed.
I have a page with two menus.
The first menu defined in menu_data,js is a normal horizontal strip menu with submenus and works fine.
The second menu is defined in menu_data.js after the first menu’s Drawmenus(). It has a larger font (fontsize="150%"; it is a vertical menu for smartphones) and also works fine except that the text-size of its second-level submenus (i.e. two levels down) isn’t 150% but is much smaller: it appears to take it from the first menu’s Menustyle and not the second.

Since 5.949 is out of support I am looking for a workaround.
Any ideas pls?
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Re: Two menus on one page - fontsize of second-levels wrong

Post by Ruth »

Do you have a page which has these menus on it so I can look at the menu data files?

Ruth
decomplexity
Beginner
Beginner

Post by decomplexity »

Thanks Ruth - but now sorted (my error). I had a couple of the submenu names [with(milonic=new menuname("blah"))] in the second menu the same as the names of submenus in the first menu.

In passing, as an experiment I removed one (and then both) drawMenus() and everything still worked! Is drawMenus() actually necessary in menu_data.js?
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

Hi,

Glad you found the issue. I can't really answer your question. I would believe they are necessary since the programmers put them there. So, you found they work without it, but maybe they wouldn't work on every system without them. I just volunteer here because I can usually figure out an issue once I can see the page and data and since I like this menu a lot, I enjoy helping where I can.

I'll post to Milonic and ask about your question and get back to you.

Ruth