Menu placement tips for multiple pages in FP2000

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
raywhitemn
Beginner
Beginner

Menu placement tips for multiple pages in FP2000

Post by raywhitemn »

In a new project, what is the best way to include the menu on every page using FrontPage2000. I would like to keep the menu at the top of the page with space above it for Banners/Logo.

I know some methods mess up the code, so I would like to here what works best...
SecretAgentWoman
Advanced
Advanced

Post by SecretAgentWoman »

Well, personally, I create a template page with the script in the header and start all new pages from the template.

I think another alternative is to activate a shared top border on all your pages, and edit the top.htm html with the script in the BODY section, not head. (FP automatically strips out any editing you did in the head section before applying the code to your pages.)
raywhitemn
Beginner
Beginner

shared borders

Post by raywhitemn »

I have tried the shared borders tip, and opened the top.htm in the borders folder and then cut and pasted the script, but it didn't work. . Do the files need moved? I tried a couple things but not getting anywhere....

Thanks Secret Agent Woman!

Ray
raywhitemn
Beginner
Beginner

Post by raywhitemn »

I will use the template method, but I wanted to get the shared borders option too for future use...

Thanks Again,

Ray
SecretAgentWoman
Advanced
Advanced

Post by SecretAgentWoman »

I'm playing with it, and it doesn't seem to work on FP 2000, but kinda works on FP 2002 (XP).

You might have to go with the template idea. :|