RC2 and NS7.1

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
John
 Team
 Team

RC2 and NS7.1

Post by John »

Andy -

The problem of having to initially click on a menu in NS7.1 to 'jump-start' things is cleared up in RC2.

IE6, NS7.1, and even Opera7.11 all appear to be working well at http://westcgi.west.asu.edu/sai/. Will try Safari tonight.
John
tommcmur
Advanced
Advanced

please check this in netscape 7.1

Post by tommcmur »

jgillett,

Can you check this site with your 7.1 browser to verify if I have a problem? I have seen it on one system here and have had it reported by another person that the menus do weird things.

http://www.montreat.edu/

menu at top has some issues when moving over menu.

Thanks,

Tom
John
 Team
 Team

Post by John »

Definitely trouble there with NS7.1. As soon as I hit 'About Montreat' it did drop the menu, but it also put another 'About Montreat' off the right end of your menu bar. When I hit it again it made every main menu item 'About Montreat' and nothing dropped. The only item still there was 'Popular Pages', which does drop a menu but it doesn't look the way I think you want it to. Also, as you mouse over the various 'About...' menus some will hilight white, others won't, sometimes a menu will drop, but not from the item you are hovering over, etc., etc.
John
tommcmur
Advanced
Advanced

thanks

Post by tommcmur »

Thanks for checking this. I wanted to make sure it wasn't just the machine I was using. I hope Andy can figure this one out.
toasterhead2k
Advanced
Advanced

Post by toasterhead2k »

Well, at least it's not just me. I'm having the same problems in NS 7.1 with my menu.

It seems to be a timing thing - the menu works fine when it first loads, but then after the page is open for a few seconds or so, it starts going all funny. I've been playing around with it to see if there's a single trigger that causes the items to replicate themselves, but there doesn't seem to be a pattern to it. Sometimes the top buttons switch places, other times they replicate a few dozen times.

I've put my version 5 menu up on the live server in a test page, in case it will help with the debugging (or if it turns out to be an option I need to change in the data file) at http://www.usaid.gov/about_usaid/test.html .

Hope this helps!
Maz
Milonic God
Milonic God

Post by Maz »

Suggest checking our_work submenu, its filling the page with blue.
toasterhead2k
Advanced
Advanced

Post by toasterhead2k »

^^^ Thanks! What browser are you viewing it in? I'm not sure why it's doing that - the Our Work menu is coded the same as all the other menus.