Include Pages

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
leatherlips
Advanced
Advanced

Include Pages

Post by leatherlips »

I use FrontPage to design our schools website. I currently have the old 3.* version of the menu. I want to upgrade to the new 5 version. However, I have a few questions...

I use include pages in the website. Am I able to put the code into an include page only and have it work? I'm sort of dreading erasing out the old codes in the body and replacing it with the new code for every page (about 200+). But if I have too, I will...

Thanks for your time.
Hergio
Milonic God
Milonic God

Post by Hergio »

Yes you can EASILY do that. The only thing you need to be sure of is that for this version of the menu, the script calls to the milonic_src file and your menu data file should be immediately after the <BODY> tag in your page. In the previous version you could have it in the head and be ok, but it works best now in the body. I actually use it in an include file on our IIS driven site, using ASP includes. Very easy and works like a charm! ;)
Dave Hergert
Software Engineer
"Helping to make the menu better, one :?: at a time."
John
 Team
 Team

Post by John »

According to Andy, it should work in either the <head> or <body>. However, as does Dave, I prefer the FIRST items after <body> for the calls, and I also use both include and <cfinclude> with no problems.
John