Conversion Issue

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
bobwill
Mega Advanced
Mega Advanced

Conversion Issue

Post by bobwill »

I ran the V3 to V5 conversion routine. I could not get V5 to run. In my V3 menu_array.js file code I had a variable to define the base location of my web site. var baseurl="http://www.myweb.org/"; The code within V3 contained as an example,
,"Scores & Statistics",baseurl+"2003/html/confstat.htm",,"2003 Game Scores",1

After running the code thru the conversion process the following line was produced
aI("text=Scores & Statistics;url=baseurl+2003/html/confstat.htm;;status=2003 Game Scores;separatorsize=1")

Since I cannot get the converted file to load, is the variable "baseurl" being treated as a variable and actually adding to the rest of the "url" to form the complete address?
Hergio
Milonic God
Milonic God

Re: Conversion Issue

Post by Hergio »

bobwill wrote:aI("text=Scores & Statistics;url=baseurl+2003/html/confstat.htm;;status=2003 Game Scores;separatorsize=1")
Yeah, if you'll notice, everything inside the aI function is a string, so it is treating your url as href="baseurl+2003..." which obviously is incorrect. Do it like this...this should work.

Code: Select all

aI("text=Scores & Statistics;url="+baseurl+"2003/html/confstat.htm;;status=2003 Game Scores;separatorsize=1")
Best o' luck! ;)
Dave Hergert
Software Engineer
"Helping to make the menu better, one :?: at a time."
bobwill
Mega Advanced
Mega Advanced

Post by bobwill »

OK, I will try that. However I have another line of code that did not translate correct. Obviously I am not a javascript guru. I just look at examples and try to apply them to my situation.

Here is the V3 line of code

,"News","javascript:openNewWindow(\"news.htm\",310,350,\"scrollbars=yes\") onbackcolor=55bbff;offbackcolor=ff0000;",,"PopUp News",1

Here is V5 conversion. Got some weird characters. Would you please tell me how to make code correct.

Thanks

aI("text=News;url=javascript:openNewWindow(\news.htm\¬310¬350¬\scrollbars=yes\);url= onbgcolor=55bbff;offbgcolor=ff0000;;status=PopUp News;separatorsize=1")
Hergio
Milonic God
Milonic God

Post by Hergio »

bobwill wrote:aI("text=News;url=javascript:openNewWindow(\news.htm\¬310¬350¬\scrollbars=yes\);url= onbgcolor=55bbff;offbgcolor=ff0000;;status=PopUp News;separatorsize=1")
Alright, looks like it should be

Code: Select all

aI("text=News;url=javascript:openNewWindow("news.htm",310,350,"scrollbars=yes");url= onbgcolor=55bbff;offbgcolor=ff0000;;status=PopUp News;separatorsize=1")
You might also be able to put in single quotes (') where I have placed the ".
Dave Hergert
Software Engineer
"Helping to make the menu better, one :?: at a time."