Search (or any other) Form in the menu

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
RBoone
Advanced
Advanced

Search (or any other) Form in the menu

Post by RBoone »

This may have been covered before I started reading, if so please point me to the thread.

How does one define a Form Entry such as that for the Search menu item here on Milonic?

I see no reference anywhere in the Guides etc.

Thank You
Rand
Maz
Milonic God
Milonic God

Post by Maz »

I last replied in suggestions. Start with this:

aI("name=<form>...</form;type=form;");

Regards
maz
John
 Team
 Team

Re: Search (or any other) Form in the menu

Post by John »

RBoone wrote:How does one define a Form Entry such as that for the Search menu item here on Milonic?
Maz has got you started, and I'm not trying to be a snot, but since you found what you're looking for in the menu, why not just view source on menu_data.php and see how Andy did it :?:
John
Hergio
Milonic God
Milonic God

Post by Hergio »

Hey maz, not being picky but its actually
aI("text=<form>...</form>;type=form;")
Just thought I would mention, cuz theres no name attribute, unless I am way out of the loop. Also, I should mention this too here, on one of your menus, I think the one on your forum, you have a title attribute. There is no title attribute for menu items as far as I can tell, I think what you meant was status. ;)
Dave Hergert
Software Engineer
"Helping to make the menu better, one :?: at a time."
Maz
Milonic God
Milonic God

Post by Maz »

Sorry, I need a cheat sheet at night.

I would prefer a form to be type header it works with both although logicaly thats incorrect.

Only the form elements change, form titles are really headers, I can't make any sense of having the form change on and off colors. I suppose someone might want to add a link in the form title to look up directions. I don't know how that would work, sounds complicated within a form.

If you look at member login, you see that I added 2 submenus, they look like they are attached to the form as normal links. So there is a way around adding links.

Does anyone agree with me or see reason why a form should not be a header?

maz
RBoone
Advanced
Advanced

Re: Search (or any other) Form in the menu

Post by RBoone »

I thought I did! :oops:
But if so, I obviously missed it. I've been in and out of so many example files. I forget where I've been, what I've seen, and what's worse....
why I was looking at it! heh heh

Rand
jgillett wrote:
RBoone wrote:How does one define a Form Entry such as that for the Search menu item here on Milonic?
Maz has got you started, and I'm not trying to be a snot, but since you found what you're looking for in the menu, why not just view source on menu_data.php and see how Andy did it :?: