Menu item as link & open submenu: IE and Mozilla Discrep

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
noble1
Beginner
Beginner

Menu item as link & open submenu: IE and Mozilla Discrep

Post by noble1 »

Hello,

I am trying to have to have a menu item that opens a submenu on mouseover also serve as a link on click. I checked the little answer in the FAQ, and that's not the problem. In fact in Mozilla, it works perfectly. However in IE (version 6), it doesn't work, and comes up as 'Error on Page.' Why? Your help is appreciated!
John
 Team
 Team

Post by John »

Invisible code makes it a bit tough to trouble shoot and answer your question. ;) Please post a URL.
John
Hergio
Milonic God
Milonic God

Post by Hergio »

Code: Select all

aI("text=Samples;url=/menu.php;showmenu=menuSamples");
Dave Hergert
Software Engineer
"Helping to make the menu better, one :?: at a time."
noble1
Beginner
Beginner

Post by noble1 »

Code: Select all

with(milonic=new menuname("Main")){
style=menuStyle;
top=190;
left=0;
alwaysvisible=1;
overflow="scroll";
aI("image=images/btn1.gif;overimage=images/btn1a.gif;url=company.html;status=company;showmenu=Company;");
aI("image=images/btn2.gif;overimage=images/btn2a.gif;url=management_team.html;status=management_team;showmenu=Management;");
aI("image=images/btn3.gif;overimage=images/btn3a.gif;url=products.html;status=products");
aI("image=images/btn4.gif;overimage=images/btn4a.gif;url=technology.html;status=technology;");
aI("image=images/btn5.gif;overimage=images/btn5a.gif;url=news_&_press.html;status=news_&_press;");
aI("image=images/btn6.gif;overimage=images/btn6a.gif;url=careers.html;showmenu=Careers;status=careers;");
aI("image=images/btn7.gif;overimage=images/btn7a.gif;url=contact.html;status=contact;");
}
I think the problem could only be there, unless it's a design issue. The real curiosity is why there is NO problem in Mozilla, but there is one in Explorer 6.

I'm thinking you may need a TEXT parameter in each aI, and since I'm using images, I can just set the fontsize to '0.' Adding <text=blah;> makes the link work, but turns my pointer from a link-hand to an arrow instead. Not good - I want a hand! I also throws off the alignment (not a big deal).

Other than this, I've been very pleased with Milonic, and just bought a license for this domain.

Thanks again,
Noah