using frames with the menu

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
Cam
Advanced
Advanced

using frames with the menu

Post by Cam »

hi all

I'm new to this so bear with me

I have created a working menu (I'm still waiting for my licence) in a header frame. (http://www.angelfire.com/alt2/noddy417)

Prob is when i mouseover the menu items the submenu appears beneath the menu (as you would expect)

Questions How can i get the submenu to appear in the main frame (as in the frame example)?

Would I use the target=main;sourceframe=main; to do this or do i need to change any other code in the mmenu or menu_array :oops:

Thanks for any help

Cam
kevin3442
Milonic God
Milonic God

Post by kevin3442 »

Hi Cam,

The frames example you refer to actually uses version 3 of the Milonic Menus. As far as I know, version 5 does not support frames. Don't know if it ever will.

Kevin
Cam
Advanced
Advanced

frames

Post by Cam »

Kevin,

Thanks for the reply, since posting it i have actually managed to get the menu to work

My prob now is that once i have opened a link into the frame i am unable to open another item from the menu (it seems as if it has disabled itself) but i think i can overcome this by using the Iframe property

Thanks again and i'll let you know if it works!

Cam
mfurf
Super Advanced
Super Advanced

Post by mfurf »

Cam:
My prob now is that once i have opened a link into the frame i am unable to open another item from the menu (it seems as if it has disabled itself) but i think i can overcome this by using the Iframe property
I'm switching over from framesets to iframes but if I understand your problem correctly in Version 3.x you need to embed the code in every page you will call in the main frame. Perhaps you already figured it by now.

/mfurf
Oh Saratoga!