DrawMenus on the Fly

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
dicknjane
Beginner
Beginner

DrawMenus on the Fly

Post by dicknjane »

I konw this subject has already been broached, but I just wanted to put in my two cents and hopefully be noticed. I have a client with a huge database of over 6000 products. They want to be able to display the hierarchy to these products using a flyout menu. I have tried every DHTML menu I can get my hands on in the hopes of finding one that does not write the entire menu before displaying the page. With menus as large as I'm referring, the time it takes to load a page is over a minute, making these menus completely useless. If I could use mouseover function calls to build and load each flyout menu, I think the menu would be a success.

This is the only DHTML menu I've come to find where they take suggestions and put them to good use. It would be fabulous if this could be implemented within the next week...but I'm sure that's pushing it.

Thoughts? Solutions??

Thanks!
Jane Mitchell
owner/web developer
dick and Jane design
info@dicknjane.com
www.dicknjane.com
Hergio
Milonic God
Milonic God

Post by Hergio »

Yeah I think a week is way pushing it. Andy is seriously great and he pulls off some amazing things, but I think thats just alot to do. I believe thats something he wants to do after this menu is complete and only undergoing minor upgrades. Andy has alot more instore down the line...so stay tuned.
Dave Hergert
Software Engineer
"Helping to make the menu better, one :?: at a time."