Sub-Menu Position

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
bobwill
Mega Advanced
Mega Advanced

Sub-Menu Position

Post by bobwill »

In Version 3 when I had sub-menus that were associated with menu items near the right edge of the display, they would appear to the left of the menu item. If the submenu items were in the middle of the screen they would appear to the right of the menu item. Now the menu items all appear to the right of the submenu item and those on the right of the screen go off of the screen. Also there is a lot of blank space between the menu and the submenu items. I am working with Version 5 SC 14.

http://www.baseball.legion.org/

I forgot to mention one thing that is very important. This only happens using Opera 6.0. IE 5 and Opera 7.0 works correctly.
Last edited by bobwill on Sat Oct 04, 2003 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bobwill
Mega Advanced
Mega Advanced

Post by bobwill »

I forgot to mention one thing that is very important. This only happens using Opera 6.0. IE 5 and Opera 7.0 works correctly.
Maz
Milonic God
Milonic God

Post by Maz »

IE 5 might get thrown off by div's or tables. Your page is taking a long time to load. Then cannot display.

oh well, I tried.

maz
bobwill
Mega Advanced
Mega Advanced

Post by bobwill »

The server that I am using has been very slow. I have now problem with IE 5. The problem occurs using Opera 6. The sub-menus displayed correctly under Version 3. As a matter of fact all browsers displayed the meuu correctly. What changed between V3 and V5-RC 14 to make Opera 6 not display sub-menus to the right or left of the drop down menu, depending upon the location of the drop down menu and its relationship to the browser window.
Hergio
Milonic God
Milonic God

Post by Hergio »

Did you ever resolve this issue? Did you upgrade to Release Candidate 15? (RC15)
Dave Hergert
Software Engineer
"Helping to make the menu better, one :?: at a time."
bobwill
Mega Advanced
Mega Advanced

Post by bobwill »

I have not resolved the problem. I have upgraded to RC 15.