popdn is not defined

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
jbreslow
Advanced
Advanced

popdn is not defined

Post by jbreslow »

I'm getting a JS error when using the new 5.0 menu statically. The menu pops up but does not pop down. The error I get is 'popdn is not defined'.

I can't find this JS function anywhere in the code, can somebody help?
jbreslow
Advanced
Advanced

Post by jbreslow »

looks like the function is actuall called popDown and not popdn, changing the call made it work...

<a href="yourlink.html" onmouseover=popup("milonic") onmouseout=popdown()>Link</a>
Hergio
Milonic God
Milonic God

Post by Hergio »

Yes I recently made that mistake, I apologize. :oops: I will be correcting the post now to prevent any more confusion with the function calls in the Milonic DHTML Menu system. ;)
Dave Hergert
Software Engineer
"Helping to make the menu better, one :?: at a time."
bzeitner
Super Advanced
Super Advanced

Post by bzeitner »

You may also want to have a look at the Quick Reference Guides and samples... don't remember exactly where, but I saw it in the documentation (not in a forum post) to use popdn().. didn't work, of course, so I switched to popdown()....

On the same note, those QRG's are in need of a serious overhaul.

Just my two cents ;)
John
 Team
 Team

Post by John »

bzeitner wrote:On the same note, those QRG's are in need of a serious overhaul.

Just my two cents ;)
You are correct. However, Andy's first priority is to get the menu to a final release stage. At that point they will be completely updated. Given the rapid changes to the system, I think this approach is understandable and correct.
John
Hergio
Milonic God
Milonic God

Post by Hergio »

That is correct, Andy, http://milonic.com/menusample.php?sampleid=3 incorrectly refers to popdn.
Dave Hergert
Software Engineer
"Helping to make the menu better, one :?: at a time."
bzeitner
Super Advanced
Super Advanced

Post by bzeitner »

You are correct. However, Andy's first priority is to get the menu to a final release stage. At that point they will be completely updated. Given the rapid changes to the system, I think this approach is understandable and correct.
I agree. And I commend Andy on doing an outstanding job with this product. I will be honest, I don't always pay for software. But with this menu, I am thoroughly pleased to say that I have purchased a license.
John
 Team
 Team

Post by John »

bzeitner wrote:And I commend Andy on doing an outstanding job with this product. I will be honest, I don't always pay for software. But with this menu, I am thoroughly pleased to say that I have purchased a license.
Noted.

As for your purchase, we are thoroughly pleased to say - Thank You :!: :D
John
Andy
Milonic
Milonic

Post by Andy »

Sample has been fixed, thanks for pointing it out.

Oh and thanks for your support, it helps keep this thing very much alive.

-- Andy