menu highlight disappears for sub dirs and pages

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
jdd1063
Beginner
Beginner

menu highlight disappears for sub dirs and pages

Post by jdd1063 »

I searched the forum for this problem and found a number of related posts, but no clear solution. The documentation doesn't seem to address this issue as far as I can tell. I'm using ver 5.

The menu highlight feature works fine except when following a specific page link. For instance, on the "thisDir" home page there's a link to "somepage.html", which is within thisDir. When the user clicks the link, the highlight for the thisDir menu item goes away.

In other words ...

thisDir/ --- thisDir menu item is highlighted
thisDir/somepage.html --- thisDir menu item is NOT highlighted.
thisDir/subDir/somepage.html -- thisDir menu item is NOT highlighted.

Am I missing something here? A little help please. thanks.
John
 Team
 Team

Post by John »

Got a URL we can look at?
John
Monkee-Boy
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Monkee-Boy »

I just ran across the same problem with an image rollover issue I was working on. :D

http://www.milonic.co.uk/forum/viewtopi ... acbaa36007

The problem is that the navigational highlight (or _on.gif if you are using the pageimage property) only works for pages that are specifically listed in the menu_data.js. If the page is not listed in the menu, the menu does not know to associate the pageimage (in this case) with that specific page.

This is a bummer in my case, because I really just want to show one level of drop downs, but do want to keep the navigational highlight througout all of the pages in the site.

:?: Anybody have a solution? :?:

Could we maybe secretly list the pages of the site in the menu_data.js file and not have them displayed, but keep the navigational highlight?

Any help is most appreciated!
The Monkee-Boy
http://www.monkee-boy.com
Austin, TX
trent
Beginner
Beginner

highlight main nav items

Post by trent »

this is the same thing I was looking at a couple of weeks ago, Is there a solution or can someone give some pointers on implementing one.

cheers

trent