JS error...

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
ybouc
Advanced
Advanced

JS error...

Post by ybouc »

Hi everyone !

Well, it seems that i am experiencing some JS errors as well...

Ok, first of all, I didn't have time to customize the new menu, since I can't see it just yet. I was using version 3 before, and I used the converter to change the code to version 5.

Now, the funny thing, is that when i'm done converting it on the site here at Milonic, it DOES show up, and its working. But when i integrate it into my page, it doesn't work anymore... :-(

The error i get is that "_brdP" is undefined, but i have NO idea what that is...

Any help will be very GREATLY appreciated. Here's the link to the page i'm currently working on :

http://32.webmasters.com/*deepvibes.org ... mework.htm

Thanks so much !

ybouc
John
 Team
 Team

Post by John »

Writing these down as I come to them...

1. I see the menu in Safari85.5, but it is off the the left - not, I think, where you want it.

2. In IE5.2.3 it does not show at all.

3. In your HTML you have </head> right after </title>. It should be after the last <meta>.

4. You have a <link style...> defined in the <body>. It should be in the <head>. Also, since you are linking to a stylesheet anyway, why do you not include the body style you defined in that link instead of in the HTML?

5. The menu JS calls are typically the first items after the <body>.

6. You don't have a </body></html> combination at the end.

7. You're running RC15. Close, but as of this message RC17 is current, and there were a lot of fixes along the way. Note the Built: item, as that changes where the RC17 does not always...

Version 5.0 Release Candidate 17.0 Built: Sunday October 19 2003 - 13:39

Update.

8. One of your menus has some goofy characters in it...

text=Yannick B's 12\ Reviews¬yrev.htm¬¬¬1¬Sinister's 12\ Reviews

Clean up these items, then we'll take another look.
John
ybouc
Advanced
Advanced

Post by ybouc »

Alright, fixed up most of the stuff i could, let me know if i'm still wrong on some accounts (thanks!). btw, i DO have the link styles in the stylesheet itself...

Anyways, now it's still not working, but it looks like the error has changed, now it's an object that is missing... ?

thanks,

ybouc
John
 Team
 Team

Post by John »

You did not update all 3 menu code files when you moved to RC17. Always update all of them.
John
ybouc
Advanced
Advanced

Post by ybouc »

Ok, just updated all 3 files...

Well, i'll be damned ! It WAS indeed a bug in the source code, because now it shows up ! Well, I should be able to take it from there, then !

Thanks a lot John !

Yannick
John
 Team
 Team

Post by John »

You're welcome.

Keep in mind you can't mix versions of the code. Look at the version AND the date/time.
John