Menu ver. 5 and frames

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
Maria Hvid
Beginner
Beginner

Menu ver. 5 and frames

Post by Maria Hvid »

Hi

I think that i have read somwhere that the version 5 doesn't support frames. Is that still correct?

Regards
Maria
John
 Team
 Team

Post by John »

Yes, but it is being worked on.
John
don@markspp.com
Beginner
Beginner

Post by don@markspp.com »

Is there a projected time frame for the release of a frames compatible version 5 menu?

I'm am really battling the thought of conversion from a current frames site, cause undoing frames is looking less feasible as time goes by.

How many browsers don't support frames now? less then 1% I'd imagine. In six years, I've not had one complaint about the frames.

Don
John
 Team
 Team

Post by John »

don@markspp.com wrote:Is there a projected time frame for the release of a frames compatible version 5 menu?
The answer to that will have to come from Andy.

To me, I guess the bigger question is how many people are still writing frames? But that's just me... :)
John
Cam
Advanced
Advanced

Frames help given by Hergio

Post by Cam »

viewtopic.php?t=2753 try this link for an unsupported code given to me by hergio.

With a little tweaking it does work with frames, I ain't an expert but i got it to work!

http://www.anglefire.com/alt2/noddy417/menu2 to see it in action (use IE or opera to view) :D

hope this helps you!

Cam
Maria Hvid
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Maria Hvid »

Hi

Do you know if it will support nested frames, because i couldn't get version 3 to work with nested frames.

Maria
don@markspp.com
Beginner
Beginner

Post by don@markspp.com »

Thanks Cam, the link to the info you provided looks most helpful.

I really wish I could get out of a frames site, I see many pros and cons for each method, but frames win overall everytime.
Hergio
Milonic God
Milonic God

Post by Hergio »

In my humble opinion frames are a pain. But lets not start anything over it, its just my personal preference. But I agree that alot of people out there still use them and depend on them. And I am sure Andy would not like to see you choose a different menu just because frames aren't fully supported by the new version. Hes told us outside the forum that he's workin on it. The sample code I gave out works pretty well, but not perfect. I'd have to get my hands on the guts of the menu to really make it work, and thats what Andy's doin. But expect to see it support in the coming weeks. Stick with us, Andy is da man and always comes through.
Dave Hergert
Software Engineer
"Helping to make the menu better, one :?: at a time."
John
 Team
 Team

Post by John »

I've gotta second that, Dave. In 13+ years of writing code I've never had to write a frames site. Just not worth it, or needed (IMHO).

And no, I don't want to start anything, either. :D
John