Menu in a Div Tag?

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
tepidarium
Mega User
Mega User

Menu in a Div Tag?

Post by tepidarium »

Hi All,

Is there a potential problem with placing the menu inside a div tag? Basically, I want to center my menu on the page. Originally I was going to insert it into a table, but this has created strange draw-in problems with html text in netscape 6. Placing the menu outside of a table still relative and centered seems to be ok. Now I'm wondering whether to use the depricated <center> tag or put it in a <div> tag with align-"center" - just wondering if this will create problems in the future.

Thanks!
Maz
Milonic God
Milonic God

Post by Maz »

You cannot place the menu in a div, because it resides above div or submenu will not open. (except in my ancient browser)

Would it work without submenus, never thought of that.

Either absolute position, or relative in a table are your options.

Other methods include attaching to static links, placing the menu data script in a table or placing the main menu style in the table.

Did you try screenposition=center;

Regards
maz
tepidarium
Mega User
Mega User

Post by tepidarium »

Thanks. I was going to position the menu in a table, but Netscape 6 as giving me weird draw in problems with html content - when the menu was placed in the table, some unrelated html content would not appear. I came back this morning, and now NS 6 seems to handle it fine.

Very strange indeed.