Final Outstanding Bugs...

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
4viggo
Super Advanced
Super Advanced

RC20 - screenposition, offset and followscroll problems

Post by 4viggo »

The screenpositon is causing the offset to refere to the top instead of to the previous menu.
In the example below everything works fine, the menu follows scroll and the submenu opens up 30px below the main menu.

Code: Select all

with(menuStyle=new mm_style()){
onbgcolor="#4F8EB6";
oncolor="#ffffff";
offbgcolor="#DCE9F0";
offcolor="#515151";
bordercolor="#296488";
borderstyle="solid";
borderwidth=1;
separatorcolor="#2D729D";
separatorsize="1";
padding=5;
fontsize="75%";
fontstyle="normal";
fontfamily="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial";
pagecolor="black";
pagebgcolor="#82B6D7";
headercolor="#000000";
headerbgcolor="#ffffff";
subimage="arrow.gif";
subimagepadding="2";
overfilter="Fade(duration=0.2);Alpha(opacity=90);Shadow(color='#777777', Direction=135, Strength=5)";
outfilter="randomdissolve(duration=0.3)";
}

with(milonic=new menuname("Main Menu")){
style=menuStyle;
top=100;
screenposition="center";
left="offset=-120";
alwaysvisible=1;
orientation="horizontal";
followscroll="1";
aI("text=Links;showmenu=Links;");
}

with(milonic=new menuname("Links")){
	style=menuStyle;
	top="offset=30";
	aI("text=Apache Web Server;url=http://www.apache.org/;status=Apache Web Server, the basis of Milonic's Web Site;");
	aI("text=MySQL Database Server;url=http://ww.mysql.com/;status=MySQL, Milonic's Prefered Choice of Database Server;");
	aI("text=PHP - Development;url=http://www.php.net/;status=PHP - Web Server Scripting as used by Milonic;");
	}

drawMenus();

When trying to center the submenu using screenposition, the submenu no longer place it self according to the main menu, but is placed relative to the top:

with(menuStyle=new mm_style()){
onbgcolor="#4F8EB6";
oncolor="#ffffff";
offbgcolor="#DCE9F0";
offcolor="#515151";
bordercolor="#296488";
borderstyle="solid";
borderwidth=1;
separatorcolor="#2D729D";
separatorsize="1";
padding=5;
fontsize="75%";
fontstyle="normal";
fontfamily="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial";
pagecolor="black";
pagebgcolor="#82B6D7";
headercolor="#000000";
headerbgcolor="#ffffff";
subimage="arrow.gif";
subimagepadding="2";
overfilter="Fade(duration=0.2);Alpha(opacity=90);Shadow(color='#777777', Direction=135, Strength=5)";
outfilter="randomdissolve(duration=0.3)";
}

style=menuStyle;
top=100;
screenposition="center";
left="offset=-120";
alwaysvisible=1;
followscroll="1";
aI("text=Links;showmenu=Links;");
}

with(milonic=new menuname("Links")){
	style=menuStyle;
	screenposition="center";
	top="offset=30";
	aI("text=Apache Web Server;url=http://www.apache.org/;status=Apache Web Server, the basis of Milonic's Web Site;");
	aI("text=MySQL Database Server;url=http://ww.mysql.com/;status=MySQL, Milonic's Prefered Choice of Database Server;");
	aI("text=PHP - Development;url=http://www.php.net/;status=PHP - Web Server Scripting as used by Milonic;");
	}

drawMenus();
regards
4viggo
Maz
Milonic God
Milonic God

Post by Maz »

mac ie 5.1.7 RC 20

vertical menu submenu opens down the page, jerks around on followscroll, and all menus have become transparent. Most of mine have background images with background color set to transparent.
below -www-

regards
maz
Cloud
Advanced
Advanced

Menu Width -> Firebird

Post by Cloud »

[Copied from another thread.]

Hi again -

Unfortunately another bug seems to have popped up in RC20 (sorry for the pun) - in Firebird/Mozilla, the width of the drop downs is about 3 times wider than it should be - padded on both sides.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/index.php?styleid=17

Thanks,

John.
--
Users reporting this bug here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthre ... styleid=17
Marc-Andre.Roberge@mus.ul
Super Advanced
Super Advanced

Menuwidth="100%" command broken in RC20

Post by Marc-Andre.Roberge@mus.ul »

Following Hergio's suggestion, I am posting the contents of two messages I posted in the same thread <http://milonic.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 2344#12344> in this forum section.

Message 1:
I had finally found how to use the menuwidth="100%" command to cause the menu bar to extend to the right edge of the screen a few RCs ago. Now, I just installed RC20 and the menu bar now stops at the end of the last main menu item. Has the command been broken? I was forced to revert to RC18 to see my menu as I want it to look. My code reads as follows:

style=menuStyle;
top=158;
alwaysvisible=1;
//Following two lines added to make menu fill entire screen
menuwidth="100%";
menualign="left";

aI("text=Personnes;showmenu=personnes;status=Noms de personnes : orthographe, signes diacritiques, traits d\'union, particules, titres de noblesse, pseudonymes, translittération, etc.");
}

Message 2:
First, the documentation at <http://www.milonic.co.uk/itemproperties.php> no longer contains any text next to the "menuwidth" variable. Should I understand that it is no longer fully functional?

Second, if I comment out the lines

menuwidth="100%";
menualign="left";
and use the following for my last menu entry

aI("text=;itemwidth=100%;onbgcolor=#cc9933;offbgcolor=#cc9933;oncursor=default");
my main menu, with RC20, extends to the right edge of the screen, as it did previously (with RC18). This "itemwidth" trick, which seems to have been an interim solution, had been suggested to me a few weeks ago as a solution. I then changed to "menuwidth" when this was fully supported. For some reason I cannot understand, this command no longer seems to work, and it is a very useful one.

When looking at the milonic_scr.js code for RC18, I find the following:

function menuname(name) ... _t.menuwidth=_n;
and

_x[27]=_t.menuwidth
However, in RC20, I find only

function mm_style(){for(i in _$S)this[i]=_n}_$M= ...
menuwidth:17
Could this major difference explain why the command no longer seems to work? As far as I know, I am following the directions set out in <http://www.milonic.co.uk/menusample.php?sampleid=26>. I also noted a major change in the filesize of milonic_scr.js; much code seems to had been deleted.
Maz
Milonic God
Milonic God

Post by Maz »

Just tested the latest RC and still no background image, the only background that shows up is overbgimage on the main menu. Nothing on submenus since the background doesn't change to over, its all transparent. So it looks like the off setting is not working.

(background has always been in style directly above items and overbg in item, so if its changed please let me know)

Thanks
maz
John
 Team
 Team

Post by John »

Confirming Maz, the background definitely takes off for parts unknown in Version 5.0 Release Candidate 20.0 Built: Friday November 7 2003 - 13:30. I am using an XP style setup. The only things left are the text and border. Went back to RC19.
John
Marc-Andre.Roberge@mus.ul
Super Advanced
Super Advanced

Menuwidth="100%" command still broken in RC22

Post by Marc-Andre.Roberge@mus.ul »

I would like to point out that the bug with the Menuwidth="100%" command, which appears to have stopped functioning after RC18, still seems to be broken as of RC22 (11 November 2003). The explanations will be found earlier in this thread. Basically, the command no longer causes the brown menu bar to extend to the right edge of the screen.

Though I don't like posting a page that is not perfect on my site, I have temporarily placed the RC22 files on my server so that Andy or someone else may check whether I have done something wrong; go to <http://www.mus.ulaval.ca/roberge/gdrm/>. Curiously, as soon as I revert to RC18, things always come back to normal (even though the sample page no. 26 displays correctly, which is a mystery to me!). I tried it again just before clicking on Submit.
kevin3442
Milonic God
Milonic God

Re: Menuwidth="100%" command still broken in RC22

Post by kevin3442 »

Marc-Andre.Roberge@mus.ul wrote:I would like to point out that the bug with the Menuwidth="100%" command, which appears to have stopped functioning after RC18, still seems to be broken as of RC22 (11 November 2003)...
As per request, I am not posting a solution here. Please see this thread for a solution.
kevin3442
Milonic God
Milonic God

Post by kevin3442 »

The following behavior was first noted by JMM in this thread.

Set keepalive=1 in a submenu (the behaior is apparent even if keepalive is off, but it's easier to see with it on). Open the submenu then scroll down the page. In IE6, the submenu moves along with everything else on the page, keeping its position relative to the calling menu. In NS7, the submenu's position remains fixed on the screen; it does not move with the rest of the page. This is unlike what you see when followscroll is enabled... there's no movement at all, like the menu is locked into position on the screen. This behavior is consistent back through RC11, with IE6 and NS7 under Win2k. I have not tried any other browsers/OSs.

Kevin
kevin3442
Milonic God
Milonic God

Post by kevin3442 »

I've noticed a small problem with pagebgcolor. It works as usual in all the pertinent menu items in a hierarchical chain, except for the last item... the one specifying a destination url. For example, let's say you have a sinple two-level setup: a main menu with submenus. Open a submenu, then click one of its items to end up at the specified url. The pertinent item in the main menu is highlighted as expected, using pagebgcolor and pagecolor. But the submenu item that got you to that url only shows the pagecolor; the pagebgcolor doesn't take effect unil you mouse over the submenu item in question.

Tested with IE6 and NS7 in Win2k.

Kevin
kevin3442
Milonic God
Milonic God

Post by kevin3442 »

Here's another:

Unfortunately, this post will highlight the fact that my professional license has expired and I haven't renewed it yet :oops: -- But I will before our site overhaul, I promise!

I'm currently using the free version, with the "Milonic Menu" link. In testing a different problem related to Opera 6, I noticed that the second item in the main menu does not contain the text, "Milonic Menu". Instead, it reads, "null" and the link is also dead (Opera6.05/Win2k). RC19 does not exhibit this behavior.

Kevin
Cloud
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Cloud »

Same problem with wide menus on RC25 and Mozilla Firebird:

See image here

Thanks,

John.
--
bobwill
Mega Advanced
Mega Advanced

Post by bobwill »

RC 24 and Opera 7

The following occurs when using Opera 7 and having it set to identify itself as MSIE 6.0. No change to menu display no matter how Opera 7 is set to "identify" itself.

Menu colors display correctly using IE 6.0

The background of the scroll bars takes on the same color as the "offbgcolor" for the first menu item displayed in the "showmenu". When the first item in the "showmenu" is a "header" and the "header" has a color that is set with the "headerbgcolor" this does not happen. The background of the scroll then matches the "onbgcolor" set within the "style".
tepidarium
Mega User
Mega User

Post by tepidarium »

Hi,
I'm noticing two bugs that both relate to initial page loads of the menu with a clean cache in netscape 6, opera 5, mayeb other browsers. In both situation the problem goes away on reload.

Problem 1 - Menu extends to width of screen even if not desired -i.e. if item width settings are input, menu will still extend to 100% width of screen.

Problem 2 - Menu does not appear on inital load - on reload it will - i have only observed this problem in a relative table bound menu so far.
bzeitner
Super Advanced
Super Advanced

Post by bzeitner »

Upon reviewing my web server log files, I've noticed a major issue:

It seems as though the images called by the menu (I'm only using the subimage) are not being cached and reused (even though it's the same for all menus).

I've tested on IE6.1 and NS7 on different platforms, and the problem still occurs. The images are downloaded many times each time the menu is loaded, even though it's only two different images (onsubimage and subimage).
Maz
Milonic God
Milonic God

Post by Maz »

New bugs, mac ie 5.1.7

horizontal 'top' menu no problems.

Tools menu, main menu 1 item background overflows vertical 'followscroll'.
submenu vertical, no separators.
sub-submenu vertical, no separators, background extends down the page. (even though this is exactly the same styles as top submenu.)

Ta
maz

see -www- below
Maz
Milonic God
Milonic God

Post by Maz »

New bugs, mac ie 5.1.7

horizontal 'top' menu no problems.

Tools menu, main menu 1 item background overflows vertical 'followscroll'.
submenu vertical, no separators.
sub-submenu vertical, no separators, background extends down the page. (even though this is exactly the same styles as top submenu.)

Ta
maz

see -www- below

nb. I got a critical database error posting this, but it appears to be here okay.
gdanen
Advanced
Advanced

Re: Final Outstanding Bugs...

Post by gdanen »

jgillett wrote:I know there are a number of posts that still have outstanding issues with v5. Some big items have just been cracked by Andy (even with all his sniveling about his flu!), and we're really close to a final.
See http://test.danen.org/newdex.shtml for my bug/quirk. When mousing over an item that contains a url, and then mousing off the menu, the status line in IE6 will continue to show that url. :roll:

Gerry
gdanen
Advanced
Advanced

Re: Final Outstanding Bugs...

Post by gdanen »

gdanen wrote:See http://test.danen.org/newdex.shtml for my bug/quirk. When mousing over an item that contains a url, and then mousing off the menu, the status line in IE6 will continue to show that url.
I've added status=; on the menu entries with a url as a work-around to keep the status line clear.
Gerry Danen
John
 Team
 Team

Post by John »

Gerry -

Just went to one of my sites running RC26 (current release) and I'm not seeing the problem there. Please try the new version and let us know what happens.

Thanks.
John