Splitting a horizontal submenu in 2 rows?

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

Hi,

I've found one thing you can try and I have one suggestion.

1. Scrolling layers. This is like what you had but it doesn't contain code for menu links so you don't have to try and figure out how to get rid of them and use the menu. It uses images in the scrolling part but you could eliminate them and just put the menu in their place.

Try this at your own risk. It is not recommended that you place the menu in a div. You'll have to experiment. Dyn-Web The one you want to take a look at is the second one down, the 'horizontally' link.

I did try messing with it doing the table different, moving the arrows to the right and left and messing with the width and height and I got it to work in IE5.5, Netscape 7.1, FF 1.0.2, Opera 7.54 and it looks good. I have no way to test on a Mac which may have problems, especially IE on the Mac.

2. I can't do functions, but if you do, you might be able to figure a way to write a function, like that which scrolls that layer, and get it to work in the menu using the offfunction and onfunction capability of the menu so you could put an arrow as the first aI string item and the last one and call the function in each onmouseover/onmouseoff.

Hope this helps. If you need any help on how I did it with the menu in it, just post back.

Ruth
jswick
Beginner
Beginner

Got it working

Post by jswick »

Thanks Ruth :D - the dyn-web script worked great. Here's an example. I had to add a custom function to create another div inside the menu object for it to work properly with the dyn-web scroll. I also created two additional always visible menus for the left and right scrolling. I postioned them all absolutley. The only problem I ran into is the offfunction not firing which apparently is a known issue judging by this post