Confused about merging menus and location of callups for

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
agdrb
Beginner
Beginner

Confused about merging menus and location of callups for

Post by agdrb »

Hello
V5
I have two horizontal menus on my site, they are identical except one is at the top the other 40px lower, is it possible to call them from one script.
I think it is by some of the posts but its not clear to me.

I would like to leave the callups for the scripts at the bottom of the body
so that the text becomes visible rapidly, I know you recommend them above, but I dislike that white page sitting there when I check it on a slow connection, I know it will load faster when the scripts are cached, its just that new visitor impression of a slow opening.
I do get a momentary flash of an error on the bottom left of the Explorer
window, but it loads and functions

agdrb
John
 Team
 Team

Re: Confused about merging menus and location of callups for

Post by John »

agdrb wrote:I have two horizontal menus on my site, they are identical except one is at the top the other 40px lower, is it possible to call them from one script.
I think it is by some of the posts but its not clear to me.
Simply define both menus in the same script (using different names, and, if needed, styles, for each, of course).
agdrb wrote:I would like to leave the callups for the scripts at the bottom of the body
so that the text becomes visible rapidly, I know you recommend them above, but I dislike that white page sitting there when I check it on a slow connection...
The speed of the connection has nothing to do with how fast the scripts are rendered. Of more concern would be the speed of the machine. The scripts aren't that big, in many cases smaller than a lot of graphics I see on pages.
agdrb wrote:I do get a momentary flash of an error on the bottom left of the Explorer
window, but it loads and functions
That's the first thing that needs to be fixed. Post, as requested, a URL.
John
Hergio
Milonic God
Milonic God

Post by Hergio »

You should be fine putting the SCRIPT at the bottom of the body. Its not what we recommend but it can be done. It should give you the effect you want where the page essentially loads before the menu script gets started.
Dave Hergert
Software Engineer
"Helping to make the menu better, one :?: at a time."