non-profit license

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
steven
Advanced
Advanced

non-profit license

Post by steven »

Firstly, thanks so much for the help thus far! Secondly, I was wondering if official not-for-profit 501c3 companies would need to purchase a license.

Thanks! :P
John
 Team
 Team

Post by John »

You can apply for a free license at http://milonic.com/freelicense.php.
John
steven
Advanced
Advanced

Post by steven »

Thanks John! About how long should it take to process the online app? The licensing is all that's keeping me from going live with that page. Also:

On the free license app page, I noticed step one was to download the menu--is that for people who havn't downloaded it yet, or does that one automatically stop showing the "milonic" menu?

The reason I ask is that I would hate to have to re-customize a new menu now that I finally got everything working the way I want on the un-licensed one!

Thanks,
Steve
steven
Advanced
Advanced

Post by steven »

I should add that I submitted the online app a day or two ago. :P
John
 Team
 Team

Post by John »

steven wrote:Thanks John! About how long should it take to process the online app? The licensing is all that's keeping me from going live with that page.
It varies. They are absolutely swamped over there (something about this dang Milonic menu being so good!). However, they are working as fast as possible. All free sites have to be checked out as well, so that adds some time. I think I heard Andy mention a week to 10 days a while back, but that may have changed. You will get an e-mail with your license number.
steven wrote:On the free license app page, I noticed step one was to download the menu--is that for people who havn't downloaded it yet, or does that one automatically stop showing the "milonic" menu?
Once you're registered in the system, and have created an account on the main site (it's different from the one you have here), any time you sign-in to download the system will recognize you and automatically send the un-linked version.
steven wrote:The reason I ask is that I would hate to have to re-customize a new menu now that I finally got everything working the way I want on the un-licensed one!
Nothing will have to be changed in your _data.js file(s). Just copy the 3 new menu code files over the ones you have now.
John
steven
Advanced
Advanced

Post by steven »

I copied the three other files over the top of the original three and kept my data file, but the milnic menu is still there~probably a stupid question, but will that menu be there until a license is completed and/or pasted in? How does it work?

steve
John
 Team
 Team

Post by John »

steven wrote:I copied the three other files over the top of the original three and kept my data file, but the milnic menu is still there~probably a stupid question, but will that menu be there until a license is completed and/or pasted in?
Until you get the notification from Milonic with your license number, you have not yet been 'inspected' and/or added to the system. I appreciate you're anxious to get things going, but given their load over there it still is a bit early.

Your patience, and support, is appreciated!
John
ronnie
Advanced
Advanced

Post by ronnie »

hi john,

i've been recently qualified for a license, on condition that i have a link to milonic from my website.
this is great news and i'd be more than happy to add a link, but i don't know where am i expected to add it? where to? etc?

best, r. :)
ronnie
Advanced
Advanced

Post by ronnie »

sorry, don't worry about it,
i simply missed out on the ending of Step 2 when applying for a license.

will take care of it ASAP...

Code: Select all

Step 2
Make sure all copyrights are intact on all files and that there is a visable link back to the Milonic site somewhere on the page(s) using the menu.

10x, r. :)
John
 Team
 Team

Post by John »

Hi Ronnie -

We really appreciate your taking care of the link requirement (and even searching out the answer on your own!). Folks like you help to keep the free aspect of the Milonic menu alive.

Unfortunately, those who ignore the requirements are tipping the scales the other way, and that would be a loss for everybody.

Thanks again!
John
ronnie
Advanced
Advanced

Post by ronnie »

no no, thank you! :D

just keep up the good work and i'd be happy to give in my share,
10x, r.
John
 Team
 Team

Post by John »

ronnie wrote:just keep up the good work and i'd be happy to give in my share, 10x
OK, Andy - there you have it. We raise the price by 10 (according to the customer(s)). :!: :D
John
azaro
Beginner
Beginner

Post by azaro »

Hmm, let's see if I have this straight.

If I want the free license For my hobby/personal site, I have to install the sample menu with the forced link, pay my $11.31 CAN and apply here: http://www.milonic.co.uk/nplicense.php .

Then if I'm accepted, I can get the version with the forced link removed, as long as I link back to Milonic somewhere on the page?

Or, does the forced link remain, only to be removed with the pro licence?

Thanks.
Last edited by azaro on Sat Nov 15, 2003 3:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
ronnie
Advanced
Advanced

Post by ronnie »

guess i'll leave this to the experts here, but to simply answer your question:
yes. once you're accepted for a non-profit license, you'll be able to download the version without any forced milonic links.

mind you:
1. you agree to link to milonic.com using the menus somewhere on your homepage.
2. you will only have to update the three milonic menu files in order to remove the link. your menu data file will need no alteration.

ciao, r. :)