title= does not work

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
gdanen
Advanced
Advanced

title= does not work

Post by gdanen »

In this line
aI("text=Danen Roots;url=http://roots.danen.org/;target=_blank;title=Check out the Danen ancestry;status=Check out the Danen ancestry;");
I cannot get "title=" to work as a "screentip". Is there a special trick to it or are not all tag elements supported? :?:

TIA
Gerry Danen
John
 Team
 Team

Post by John »

Yes, it does not (yet).

Lots of goodies coming shortly, including tool tips. Since Andy wants this to be 508 compliant, I'm hoping title will be in there as well.
John
gdanen
Advanced
Advanced

Post by gdanen »

jgillett wrote:Lots of goodies coming shortly, including tool tips. Since Andy wants this to be 508 compliant, I'm hoping title will be in there as well.
Thanks, John. Any way to find out for sure from Andy?
Gerry Danen
Andy
Milonic
Milonic

Post by Andy »

It's on its way.

Should see it in the next release.

We do, at present, offer tooltips as can be seen here http://milonic.com/menusample.php?sampleid=6 and also on our website when viewing the samples menus. This may not work with many text readers though.

Cheers
Andy
Maz
Milonic God
Milonic God

Post by Maz »

I just had a look at tool tips page on mac ie 5.1.7, I'm not sure what I should be seeing.

The menu font size is larger than normal extending over in small browser, the tool tip covers the first submenu. Sorry to say it doesn't appear very practical. However, I personally feel that I could easily add a submenu header somewhere to do the equivalent of a tool tip.
Just letting you know,

Regards,
maz
gdanen
Advanced
Advanced

Post by gdanen »

Andy wrote:Should see it in the next release.

We do, at present, offer tooltips as can be seen here http://milonic.com/menusample.php?sampleid=6 and also on our website when viewing the samples menus. This may not work with many text readers though.
I think I'll wait for your next release, Andy. I checked out the sample and saw the tooltip some of the time, but not always.

Any idea when you expect the next release? No pressure! :)
Gerry Danen
John
 Team
 Team

Post by John »

It worked here with no problems. However, guaranteed the screen readers won't know what to do with it (yes, boss - I know you know :D ). Title is, of course, a must.
John