image and overimage

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
Martin
Mega User
Mega User

image and overimage

Post by Martin »

hi folks,

Unfortunately it was not possible to have "image"- and "overimage" in the "style"-context in older versions (Candinates less than No. 19.) of Release 5.

This was the reason to have this parameters in "aI"-context. To keep the code small and easy, i would like to move those parameters back to the style-definitions. Is it now possible?

cheers
John
 Team
 Team

Post by John »

Yes, it is.

You (all) need to keep an eye on the Quick Ref guides on the main site.
John
Martin
Mega User
Mega User

Post by Martin »

Thanks for the update.

The Quick Reference Guide is not always a real reference. Sometimes it means also "The feature is documented, but not implemented".

That's the reason why I'm asking.

I will change my code for testing it.

cheers
Martin
Mega User
Mega User

Post by Martin »

The Quick reference for the "Style Properties" contains a property "overimage", but witout any explaining text.

So, is "overimage" implemented or not ?

cheers
kevin3442
Milonic God
Milonic God

Post by kevin3442 »

Hi Martin,

overimage is implemented as both a style property and a menu item property. In fact you'll find that many style properties can also be set as menu item properties. I believe the intent is that if you want to set such a property globally, you can do so in a style, but you can also override the style setting on a per-item basis, by assigning an alternative value in an aI() menu item definition.

Cheers,

Kevin

P.S. I remember back in version 3 you used some code extensions I wrote to add tooltips to one of your sites. Did you see the tooltips utility that Andy made for the menus?
Martin
Mega User
Mega User

Post by Martin »

Hi kevin,

thanks for your info. In earlier version of version 5, it didn't work. Everythins is fine now.

Yes, I realized that the tooltips are back to life. I will implement the tooltips in the next days. I have to write some ColdFusion code first.

To keep the projects under cover during the development phase, the new sites are password protected. If you like to see it, drop me an email to martin@merlinconsulting.ch.
cheers

====================================
Merlin Consulting
Martin Schaible
Bahnhofstrasse 27
CH-8702 Zollikon
====================================