rollovers & images

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
Valarie
Beginner
Beginner

rollovers & images

Post by Valarie »

I’ve used the search feature of this forum, but have unable to locate an answer to my problem. This is mock-up for part of the menu_data.js that I’m using. My two issues are as follows:

Issue One:
I’m attempting to use rollover images for the main menu, without arrows. All submenus will be the ‘default look’ (no images) but using the arrows for those menus that branch out further than the first submenu. Currently I can’t seem to display an image that has a submenu without the arrow.

with(milonic=new menuname("Main Menu")){
style=menuStyle;
top=175;
left=7;
alwaysvisible=1;
overflow="scroll";
aI("text=Home;url=http://NewWeb/index.htm;status=Back To Home Page;");
aI("showmenu=Membership;image=tempoff100x35.gif;overimage=temp100x35.gif;")
aI("text=Education;showmenu=Education;");
}

Issue Two:
This has to do with addressing the graphics. I want to put all menu options PLUS the arrow into a folder called Elements. However, I can’t seem to get the menu to look at that area even if I do the following:

headercolor="#000000";
headerbgcolor="#ffffff";
subimage="/Elements/arrow.gif";
subimagepadding="2";
aI("showmenu=Membership;image=/Elements/tempoff100x35.gif;overimage=/Elements/temp100x35.gif;")

I don’t want to have to put the images in every folder that access the menu. I’m able to put the *.js files into a directory called /scripts and access as needed. I’ve put the images in the /scripts and the /elements without any success.

Thanks in advance for all assistance!!
Maz
Milonic God
Milonic God

Post by Maz »

A url would be helpful.

You need to duplicate the main menu style to create styles for the submenus, with subimages, give this a new style name to use on submenus.

If you take out all reference to subimage that will remove arrows from the main menu.

I am using an image folder for my images, /images/arrow.gif

Double check the path, make sure the text is correct and I don't know if its a case sensative problem, check those and it should work.

Regards,
maz