imagenav that expands over an image on Mac OS goes behind

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
focusonmbm
Beginner
Beginner

imagenav that expands over an image on Mac OS goes behind

Post by focusonmbm »

http://www.gear3.com/~matt/

the page works fine on windows but on a mac the drop down menu seems to go behind the image

anyway to fix this?
Maz
Milonic God
Milonic God

Post by Maz »

The menu scripts go after body, you can use top and left to position the menu on top of everything.

If you want the menu in a table there are 2 ways of doing it.

Either place <menu-data.js script> in the td or place menu items in td and place the rest of the menu-data.js styles under the rest of the scripts under the body.

Regards,
maz
Hergio
Milonic God
Milonic God

Post by Hergio »

Not sure if maybe you are editting the site and its code, but I just pulled up the site in Safari and the menus displayed but were blank. Just FYI.
Dave Hergert
Software Engineer
"Helping to make the menu better, one :?: at a time."
focusonmbm
Beginner
Beginner

Post by focusonmbm »

Yeah I'm messing with a lot - I found the problem (still not solved...) is that when the menu displays over a flash image that is animating it will go behind the flash image on a MAC in any browser.
Hergio
Milonic God
Milonic God

Post by Hergio »

Oh do a search on the v5 forum for flash and wmode, that might help. I remember maybe setting the wmode of the flash object to transparent or something helped a couple people before. You may have tried it, but I thought I'd mention it.
Dave Hergert
Software Engineer
"Helping to make the menu better, one :?: at a time."
focusonmbm
Beginner
Beginner

Post by focusonmbm »

That did fix the problem on the MAC.

The only other problem I am having when viewing the site from a MAC is the drop down is not directly under the original image, there is a space of about 30 pixels from the first image to the start of the drop down... know anything about that?
John
 Team
 Team

Post by John »

Just took a look under OS X 10.3.2/Safari on the Mac (not MAC - Sunday is picky night) and the drop downs are lined up exactly with the left edge of the main menus and flush with the bottom - no gaps.
John
focusonmbm
Beginner
Beginner

Post by focusonmbm »

That's odd - OS X 10.2.X? here there is a gap in IE.. Doesnt even work in Safari at all.
John
 Team
 Team

Post by John »

focusonmbm wrote:That's odd - OS X 10.2.X? here there is a gap in IE.. Doesnt even work in Safari at all.
Sorry. Somewhere I missed you were having the problem with IE.

Just looked at it under IE5.2.3 and you are correct - there is a gap. However, on a personal note, I wouldn't fight it. IE is no longer being developed for Mac, and is very quickly being wiped out by Safari. Note also that Safari was updated in Panther.

I would also re-do your code following Maz's suggestion above, rather than having all the calls in the <td>.

height= is depreciated in HTML, so those can go (not that they are causing your problem), and you should really let the browsers know what standard you are writing for.Given your code, this should work...

Code: Select all

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"
"http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
<html>
And, just for the heck of it, why be restrictive...

<META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=windows-1251">
Try this instead...

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
John