Here's a challenge

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
TimBert
Advanced
Advanced

Here's a challenge

Post by TimBert »

I have just installed the Version 5.0 on a temporary home page. Take a look and see what the bar is doing. It is stretched out about ten pages wide:
http://www.leicesterandleicestershire.com/indextmp.html

This is being caused by my style sheet, but I don't know what element in the style sheet is causing it or how to fix the problem. The style sheet can be viewed here (download and open in a text editor):

http://www.leicesterandleicestershire.c ... MainLO.css

The menu_data.js file has not been touched or altered in any way (yet).

If anyone can help a complete navbar novice I would really appreciate it. :(

Tim in Calgary
Hergio
Milonic God
Milonic God

Post by Hergio »

Call me crazy but I think the large 750px width setting you have for ALL TDs on your page could be the culprit. Here you need to do alittle detective work and comment out styles one by one until you see the problem go away. But that fact that you have hard coded EVERY TD tag in a page to be 750px wide is bad practice. The menu uses tables extensively and tables obviously are comprised of alot of TDs, so those cells are being overridden with your styles. Nothing the menu can do here, you need to change your page alittle. Hope this helps.
Dave Hergert
Software Engineer
"Helping to make the menu better, one :?: at a time."
TimBert
Advanced
Advanced

Post by TimBert »

Thanks Hergio,

It was not only TD {width: 750px} that was the problem but also
TABLE {width: 750px;}

See, "a little knowledge is a dangerous thing" (referring to my CSS capabilities). Oh well, back to the old drawing board... If anyone can advise it would not go amiss.

Tim
TimBert
Advanced
Advanced

navbar/stylesheet conflict

Post by TimBert »

O.K., I have found a way to work around the problem and am now well on my way towards creating a floating navbar.