I can't get it working!!!!!!

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
Rob_4444
Beginner
Beginner

I can't get it working!!!!!!

Post by Rob_4444 »

Hi there

It is late...it's been a long day...I've lost the plot!!...PLEASE can someone help me?

I've downloaded V5 today (it looks absolutley BRILLIANT on other peoples sites that i've just been and looked at) and have been trying for hours on end to try and get the menu to be visable.

This link will take you to a page (i've tried many) that came within the zip file http://www.xaltoffshore.com/menu.htm

I have got all the menu items that the readme file/instruction file tells me to upload in main directory (root?) with the page (menu.htm).

The bottom of the browser window states that there's a problem on the page. I presume this is it!

This is my first attemp at posting a question...EVER...so I hope it works and someone can wave a magic wand whilst I go and get some (well earned...I think not!) sleep.

Many thanks in anticipation of someone helping me!
kevin3442
Milonic God
Milonic God

Post by kevin3442 »

Hi Rob,

Congratulations on your first post ever! Let me be the first to reply to you ever.

I don't know why, but there appears to be a difference between the mmenudom.js file you uploaded, and the one that should come with the download from milonic.com. Yours has extra stuff in it that shouldn't be there (how it got there... beats me... did you perhaps open the mmendom.js file in a wysiwyg application that you use to develop your site?).

Try downloading the .zip from milonic again, then upload the three menu script files to your site's root: milonic_src.js, mmenudom.js, and mmenuns4.js. If you have a choice in the software that you use to upload, you should upload the file as text.

Let us know how that goes.

Kevin
Rob_4444
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Rob_4444 »

Kevin...You are an absolute STAR!!!

Thank you so much for your super quick response! I really appreciate it. I've no idea how you worked it out!..........In all honesty, I did not knowingly open up ANY of the .js files. If I had I would not have altered any of them until I had at least got the menu up and running.

I have NEVER had such a great start to Friday 13th!!

Anyway, feels like Christmas - Can't stay chatting....I've got a new toy to play with.

Thanks a million, once again Kevin.

ps - I hope my second post, if required, is as useful (and as quick) as yours. Thanks.