Milonic website problem

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
j.chrysos
Advanced
Advanced

Milonic website problem

Post by j.chrysos »

I am trying to use the 3-5 converter, and after it completes, a page flashes for a brief second that I can see gives text you need to paste into a text editor, but it goes too fast for me to do anything about it. Can someone let me know what I need to do after running the converter, or send me the text I need to add?
kevin3442
Milonic God
Milonic God

Post by kevin3442 »

Don't know why that would be happening, unless the result is opening in a new window for some reason and you have a pop-up blocker enabled. Do you have a pop-up blocker enabled? If so, try diabling it and see if that takes care of it.

Kevin
j.chrysos
Advanced
Advanced

Post by j.chrysos »

No, I don't have a pop-up blocker. As I mentioned, the page is viewed for a second, and then it goes to another page with a "Page not Found" error. I am wondering if it is a website issue that could be fixed.

Otherwise, what is the best way to convert my 3.x menu to 5?
John
 Team
 Team

Post by John »

I just ran a file through with no errors. The page came up with the new v5 code and stayed in view.

Perhaps just a Monday muck-up...?
John
Maz
Milonic God
Milonic God

Post by Maz »

Might be wise to ask what browser you are using?

maz
John
 Team
 Team

Post by John »

Or - try a different browser (or machine, if possible). Just to try and narrow things down if there is a site problem.

Can you try one with Safari, Maz?

XP Pro/IE6 (yuck!) worked here.
John
kevin3442
Milonic God
Milonic God

Post by kevin3442 »

I don't think it's a general website issue -- I tried a conversion myself (to test) and didn't have a problem, that's why I asked about a popup stopper. I'm at a loss. What browser/OS are you using? Are you converting from a url to a web server, or are you converting from a file on your local hard disk? If a url, can you share the url?... if nothing else, maybe we can try the conversion for you and post the resulting code.

Kevin
John
 Team
 Team

Post by John »

Don't take this wrong, but you are trying to convert your _data file, and not the menu code files, correct? I ask only because we have had this problem in the past with folks trying to convert the wrong file.
John
j.chrysos
Advanced
Advanced

wrong file

Post by j.chrysos »

oops. Thanks, I was trying to convert the wrong file. Thanks for your help.

-Jen