Distance between two menu item

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
Martin
Mega User
Mega User

Distance between two menu item

Post by Martin »

Hi there,

Maybe you remember my topic about bulding a two row menu. In meantime i made it, but it looks not so nice.

This is the site:

http://www.pyramide.ch

Now I would like to have a smal gap between the three items. They should look like single buttons.

I tested some params, but i didn't find the right way.

Any idea?
cheers

====================================
Merlin Consulting
Martin Schaible
Bahnhofstrasse 27
CH-8702 Zollikon
====================================
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

You can try this.

Code: Select all

aI('text=;itemwidth=3;offbgcolor=#ffffff;onbgcolor=#ffffff;separatorsize=0;');
put that between the 1st and 2nd item and another one between the second and 3rd item. That will put a 3px white space, however, you'll have to do something with the bottom border. I tried a few things but no matter what I did I couldn't get the 1px goldish colored border to disappear from these two items. Though I don't think it looks too bad.

Ruth
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

I worked on this some more and nothing I do seems to get rid of the border. I did try one other thing which works perfectly, but instead of trying to space the items, made each item its own menu. I tried it with the first one and tested it in Netscape 7.1, Opera 7.11 and IE 5.5 and it works fine.

Code: Select all

with(milonic=new menuname('NavStart1')){style=NavHomeStyle;top=350;left=180;itemwidth=148; etc.;
aI('text=Zentrum für Plastische Chirurgie; etc.;');
}
with(milonic=new menuname('NavStart2')){style=NavHomeStyle;top=350;left=332;itemwidth=148;etc.';
aI('text=Brustkrebszentrum<br>&nbsp;; etc. NOTE THIS NEEDS A LINEBREAK AND NON BREAKING LINE SPACE in order to match height of the other two;');
}
with(milonic=new menuname('NavStart3')){style=NavHomeStyle;top=350;left=484;itemwidth=148;  etc.';
aI('text=Zentrum für Kiefer-/Gesichtschirurgie; etc. ;');
}
I put in the linebreak in the second one instead of coding an item height so it would match exactly.

Those are the only two ideas I have to do this, either the inserted blank items, or dividing the items into their own menus which you can then space as you wish.

Ruth