menu on palm and wince pda's

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
bl4z
Beginner
Beginner

menu on palm and wince pda's

Post by bl4z »

can someone explane it to me are milonic menus visible/operationable on pda devices such as palms & co.

tnx a lot
Andy
Milonic
Milonic

Post by Andy »

It's on the To-Do list but it doesn't look good at the moment.

The vast majority of the objects need for the menu are simply not available on Pocket PC's etc.

We are working on it though.

Cheers
Andy
bl4z
Beginner
Beginner

Post by bl4z »

so the only solution to this is browser detectro and separate menuse for platforms ..

PS: waht bout just simple "tree like" menu form menu definitions?? that would help a lot
Andy
Milonic
Milonic

Post by Andy »

Hi,

The only solution at present is to use a <NOSCRIPT> menu, similar to how we do it at http://milonic.com

This will ensure that at least one form of website navigation menu appears in Pocket PC's and also browsers with JavaScript disabled.

Cheers
Andy
Merlyn_3D
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Merlyn_3D »

I'm gonna bump this to the top because it said as of a year ago it was on the to-do list but it doesn't look like it's been done yet. This is something I would be highly interested in, and quite frankly, I'm pretty surprised this menu system requires you to pay but still doesn't support palm's or pocketpc's. In my corporate environment they're handing out treo's now, and I would like to be able to have this menu system work on the blazer browser (based on netfront). While the menu system displays, when I click on it, it doesn't drop down, i.e. there's no multilevel to it, just the top level displays. When's this gonna be fixed?
Andy
Milonic
Milonic

Post by Andy »

Pocket PC's and Palm Pilots do not support many of the JavaScript properties and commands needed to build DHTML Menu's.

We are hoping that they will soon begin to support standard DOM objects such as DIV and document.write but until that happens we are unable to move forward with these systems.