Problem fully displaying v5.0 menu in Opera 7.5

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
pere_mr@hotmail.com
Advanced
Advanced

Problem fully displaying v5.0 menu in Opera 7.5

Post by pere_mr@hotmail.com »

I am considering acquiring the v5.0 menu. I have tested the menu in different browsers. I have noticed that, in Opera 7.51 on WinXP, the menu is cut off past the left edge of an IFrame. In other words, I have the vertical navigational menu on the left side of the page. I intend to display/target menu items in an IFrame which starts 150 px off the left margin of the window and spans all the way to the right margin. Other browsers will correctly display the menu submenus over the iframe contents. But Opera will cut off the menu when it collides against the IFrame area.

I haven't found an answer to this issue on your online forum. Any advice on that?

Thank you for your attention. -Pere
John
 Team
 Team

Post by John »

We need a URL to see what's happening.
John
pere_mr@hotmail.com
Advanced
Advanced

Opera 7.5: menu not fully displaying

Thank you John for your prompt reply.

Here is the link:
[url]http://www.opcw.org/test/index18.html[/url]

Please ignore all missing images and html pages. This is a test page at its initial stage. Notice how in Opera 7.5, the menu cannot display properly. It collides against the left edge of the Iframe, in which I intend to target all pages to be display.

Incidentally, I have just purchased a professional license.

Thank you for your attention.

Pere
Andy
Milonic
Milonic

Post by Andy »

Hi,

This is a bug with the Opera browser.

The Opera team have acknowledged it but have not set a date for a fix yet.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
Andy
pere_mr@hotmail.com
Advanced
Advanced

Thank you for your reply, Andy. Do you have any suggestion as how I can script my homepage so that client using Opera browser can get some content to the effect that this page is not well supported with Opera plus displaying the crucial links. Or even, for client using Opera browser, change the base target of all links, including those in the menu, to _blank, so that the menu does not collide with the Iframe?

I have a further query regarding using XML as the source file for menu items. Where can I find information on how to connect the menu_data.js file to XML file? What format should menu items have in an XML format? I guess I can populate the menu with Unicode Arabic, Chinese and Russian characters, as well? Is there any advantage to linking the menu data to an XML file rather than writing all menu data in the JS file itself?

Thank you for your attention.

Pere