Bug w/ Mozilla based browser(s)?

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
UEBen
Super Advanced
Super Advanced

Bug w/ Mozilla based browser(s)?

Post by UEBen »

The menu works perfectly as it should with IE (Mac & Win), Opera (Mac & Win) and Safari (Mac), however on any Mozilla based browser (Mozilla, Netscape and Firefox) the sub-menus for a vertical (followscroll=1) menu do not show up next to the menu if you scroll down the page.

Here's an example/test URL: http://www.evansville.edu/alumni/

Best viewed if you shorten your browser window to no more than 800px in height, click on the "Services" link, and then scroll down to the bottom of the page. Then highlight any of the links with a menu (i.e. Bookstore). Again, the sub-menus don't show up on any Mozilla based browsers - they stay at the top of the page instead of coming down with the main menu.

Any ideas?
mfurf
Super Advanced
Super Advanced

Post by mfurf »

I posted this identical problem on the board a couple of weeks ago trying to get Andy's attention because if you set

Code: Select all

alwaysvisible=1
the menu WILL scroll correctly in Mozilla but of course we cannot use that solution since we don't want the submenu obstructing.

MY quick fix solution is to run both the 5.xx AND 3.0 code simultaneously since this problem is ONLY in the current Milonic code for Mozilla [which BTW is my favorite browser suite]. So where I want the menu to scroll accurately I run 3.0 code.

Without

Code: Select all

alwaysvisible=1
apparently the code loses the screen whereabouts of the parent menu and reverts to Square One.

I must confess I'm in cut 5.18 and this might be fixed in 5.2x [what version have you?] but I'm guessing unless Andy has addressed this wee bugger, it probably isn't yet fixed, so I haven't been in a hurry to download the latest. /mfurf
Oh Saratoga!
Andy
Milonic
Milonic

Post by Andy »

Hi,

This problem has been fixed for version 5.23.

Should be out later today.

Cheers
Andy
UEBen
Super Advanced
Super Advanced

Post by UEBen »

Andy wrote:Hi,

This problem has been fixed for version 5.23.

Should be out later today.

Cheers
Andy
Thanks Andy, you da man!! 8)