milonic on service pack 2

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
smarin
Beginner
Beginner

milonic on service pack 2

Post by smarin »

has anyone tested it yet?
Im having a problem with the way my menu calls for pages to open in a new window. the new pop up blocker prevents the window from opening. is there a easy fix for this? i know in our html documents target="_blank" is not effected by the new pop up blocker but pages that open in a new window are blocked.

any help is appreciated
thanks
John
 Team
 Team

Re: milonic on service pack 2

Post by John »

smarin wrote:has anyone tested it yet?
What browser?

What OS?

Exactly what menu version?
John
Andy
Milonic
Milonic

Post by Andy »

Hi,

Service pack 2 has been tested with the menu and it appears to be fine, although it did have us worried after we saw the beta notes on Microsoft's website.

Microsoft have removed several functions, with SP2, that may affect the menus ability to open windows etc. This is designed to block popups and those REALLY annoying DHTML ads that flash across the screen. Unfortunately, it may have an effect on the menu but there isn't much we can do about it.

For your information - Servive pack 2 is very heavily geared towards securing Winfows XP. Firewall and Anti-Virus utilites have been upgraded and introduced that will hopefully make XP a much safer operating system. I'm all for the changes even though it will remove some of the menu's window opening ability.

My guess is that you can switch these options off from the settings but by default they are now on. I'll let you know if we find a way around it, but it's unlikely.

Cheers
Andy
Last edited by Andy on Thu Jun 24, 2004 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
smarin
Beginner
Beginner

Post by smarin »

well this is the line in my menu.

aI("text=Site Search;url=/redirect/SearchAsp.htm;");

its the redirect part that i think SP2 is freeking out over ... anyone have a idea that might help me out where the link opens in a new window.

kinda like target="_blank"

thanks
John
 Team
 Team

Post by John »

Have you tried...

Code: Select all

aI("text=Site Search;url=/redirect/SearchAsp.htm;target=_blank;");
John