Errors when upgrading 'nsf' is undefined

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
elevenx
Beginner
Beginner

Errors when upgrading 'nsf' is undefined

Post by elevenx »

I used the conversion tool to upgrade my DHTML menus and I am getting 3 javascript errors:

Line 17: syntax error
Line 7: 'ns4' is undefined
Line 111: syntax error

Anyone ever seen anything like this?

http://www.mitfordbooks.com/members/menu.asp
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

Hi,
You still have the old menu on that site, and the call for the old menu.

Code: Select all

<script language="JavaScript" src="/Members/include/menu_array.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
			<script language="JavaScript" src="/Members/include/mmenu.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

Could you explain what you did to upgrade?

Ruth
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

Ok, I found out you do have the files in the include folder, but you don't have the code to call them. Also, there are a couple of things that need to be fixed in your menu_data.js file. Delete from the top of the file

effect="Fade(duration=0.2);Alpha(style=0,opacity=88);Shadow(color='#777777', Direction=135, Strength=5)"
and if you want the effect, put this

overfilter="Fade(duration=0.2);Alpha(style=0,opacity=88);Shadow(color='#777777', Direction=135, Strength=5)";
right at the end of the top style definitions i.e on the line after separatorcolor="#9999FF";

Then in each menu you have listed, you need to put a ; at the end of the aI string right after the ) and check for duplicate semi-colons.

Ruth
John
 Team
 Team

Post by John »

Let us know when you post v5 somewhere if you still want/need help.
John
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

Unfortunately I cannot help you with any of this since the page you posted does not show version 5. I even took the time to register since without that you cannot get to the page you posted, that link only continually redirects you to the login page. Once registered and logged in, I clicked every link in the version 3 menu on the left and did view source and searched for the version 5 menu code and could not find it on any page. So, if you could give the page on which the actual version 5 is, it would be helpful.

Ruth