mac problem fixed

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
cwolves
Beginner
Beginner

mac problem fixed

Post by cwolves »

after countless hours of messing with random options, rebuilding menus, etc etc, I finally managed to get the menu to work properly on mac os9 under IE 5.2

the solution? I changed "nav" to "Nav" in the Javascript path since the folder was named "Nav".

It loaded in IE on windows. It loaded in IE on a mac. The mac had random problems (such as not showing the menu if it had more than 50 elements or so in it). I thought it was some memory problem with the mac, but then went to the milonic site and saw that all theirs were working...

So I put their code on my server, changed the javascript path and look, it doesn't work completely...it works partially, but not completely...so I capitalize the path and volia!

Okay, it was obviously downloading the js files otherwise it wouldn't have worked -at all-...so...WTF????

anyway, if anyone's having random problems on a mac, try just checking the path...could be your problem...

*grumbles*
Andy
Milonic
Milonic

Post by Andy »

Internet Explorer on the Mac still never ceases to amaze me, even after all these years it still throws wobblers like this.

Sheesh, it's a good job it'll be dead soon, phew!

Glad you got it sorted, I'll have to remember that for the future, nice one.

Cheers
Andy
cubefree
Super Advanced
Super Advanced

Post by cubefree »

I think that in the Style sheet /* */ comments, should be /* \*/ (See http://www.quirksmode.org/css/csshacks.html) reads... First comment. Explorer 5 Mac misses the end-of-comment because of the backslash.
Maz
Milonic God
Milonic God

Post by Maz »

Not quite following where is nav? In your path or something in js?

True the backslash is used to feed css to ie only. Then it was no fun when my forum stripped out the backslahes :}

maz

O: those guys throwing shot :roll: