Can I create a menu with sticky selections?

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
javaguy_in_wheaton
Beginner
Beginner

Can I create a menu with sticky selections?

Post by javaguy_in_wheaton »

My site is currently using a hacked version of HierMenus. When a user clicks on a main (horizontal) choice, a vertical list of choices appears. No problem there. But this vertical list must stay visible / active, even if the user moves the mouse all over the screen. If the user comes back and clicks on a menu choice the menu may go away. If the user moves the mouse somewhere on the screen and clicks there, away from the menu, the menu may go away.

In short, I need functionality like the Milonic product provides, but don't know if the Milonic product can be configured to keep the menu selections displayed even if the mouse moves off of the menu selections.

So, can I get what I want from this product?

Thanks,
Jerome.
Andy
Milonic
Milonic

Post by Andy »

Hi,

The property you need is keepalive=1; this can go inside the aI() string alongside the showmenu command, bit like this:

Code: Select all

aI("text=sub menu;showmenu=sub1;keepalive=1");
Hope this helps
Andy
javaguy_in_wheaton
Beginner
Beginner

Need one thing more

Post by javaguy_in_wheaton »

I tried this out on my pc and I can make the menus stick, but when I click outside of the menu (elsewhere on the web page, deliberately somewhere that the menu isn't) the menu doesn't go away. In fact, I can get many drop-downs displayed at once. I've almost a solution here...