using ; in an url (with jsp and struts)

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
Johan_2003
Advanced
Advanced

using ; in an url (with jsp and struts)

Post by Johan_2003 »

Hi,

I'm using jsp & struts to build my menu. I'm using url rewrite (html:rewrite) for building my url's. When my users are blocking cookies automaticly a session id is added to the url like this:
/iwt/algemeen/brochures.jsp;jsessionid=A6C2740FE57FAF195DE34027B96DA3AB?topNav=student

My problem is that the menu system recognizes the ; as the end of the url and so the session id and other information is lost when a user uses the menu.

Is there a workaround for this problem? Is there a way I could use ; in my url's?

I allready posted this question some time ago and Andy replyed this:
"
Try enclosing the text inside backquotes like this:

aI("text=link;url=`/iwt/algemeen/brochures.jsp;jsessionid=A6C2740FE57FAF195DE34027B96DA3AB?topNav=student`);
"
but it doesn't work. When I use backquotes, my menu is no longer being generated. Are there other solutions?

Johan
perldev
Mega User
Mega User

Post by perldev »

Did you try aI(url=...;text=..)? It may work.
Johan_2003
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Johan_2003 »

I tried it, and it doesn't work. I don't see why should it make any difference?
Andy
Milonic
Milonic

Post by Andy »

Just tried this and it seems to work fine:

Code: Select all

aI("text=link;url=`/iwt/algemeen/brochures.jsp;jsessionid=A6C2740FE57FAF195DE34027B96DA3AB?topNav=student`;"); 

What version of the menu are you running?

-- Andy
Johan_2003
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Johan_2003 »

I'm running version 5.0 RC 6.0

I checked it again, and you are right. It works fine, but now the menu isn't generated when the sessionid is NOT included.

The first time my users enter the site and click a link, the sessionid is appended to the URI. When the system is able to use cookies, there is no longer need for the sessionid and so it's no longer being appended. So, now my menu works only 1 time.

Example:
aI("url=`/iwt/algemeen/menu.jsp?topNav=toekomstig`;text=Algemene informatie;showmenu=algemeen;status=algemene informatie")

Johan
John
 Team
 Team

Post by John »

You're way behind in versions! Current is 5.44, over 100 levels ahead of where you are. Please upgrade at http://milonic.com/ for further support (not to mention much better performance).
John
Johan_2003
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Johan_2003 »

Sorry, my mistake: we are using version 5.0 final built (9/2/2004) on our production server.

I just upgraded to 5.44 on our testing server, but this doesn't seem to solve my problem.
Johan_2003
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Johan_2003 »

Could somebody help me out:

The menu isn't generated when the sessionid is NOT included when I use backquotes to enclose my URI.

The first time my users enter the site and click a link, the sessionid is appended to the URI. When the system is able to use cookies, there is no longer need for the sessionid and so it's no longer being appended. So, now my menu works only 1 time.

Example:
aI("url=`/iwt/algemeen/menu.jsp?topNav=toekomstig`;text=Algemene informatie;showmenu=algemeen;status=algemene informatie")