DHTML menu is too slow on Mac

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
perldev
Mega User
Mega User

DHTML menu is too slow on Mac

Post by perldev »

I dowloaded the lastest milonic_src.js, mmenuns4.js and mmenudom.js (Version 5.43 - Built: Monday August 23 2004 - 18:3). It runs fine for PCs. But it's way too much slow on MAC. (Mac OS X; Memory 192MB; Processor: PwoerPC G3; IE: 5.2.3 (5815.1) ) Whenever mouse over a node with child node, it keeps waiting for one minute or so.

The url is http://wse1.lind-waldock.com
perldev
Mega User
Mega User

Post by perldev »

Added

Code: Select all

buildAllMenus=true;
at the top of data file, the problem still exists.

When move mouse from "Quotes & Charts">> "About Quotes.." to "More Quotes..", accross every items between, then I have to wait for over minutes, and see popped submenus in/out one by one..
perldev
Mega User
Mega User

Post by perldev »

What's the minimum system requirements for running version 5.0 dhtml menu smoothly?
perldev
Mega User
Mega User

Post by perldev »

I tried milonic.com with the IE. When I move mouse over "DHTML Menu Samples", it waits for over 10 seconds to popup the long child menu. I believe the mac itself is too slow. I seldom use MAC. But for windows, the task manager shows the CPU usage increases a lot when I move mouse over the menu items. It seems the menu is a heavy animal.