Netscape 4.8 Alignment and Drop-downs

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
cinds
Beginner
Beginner

Netscape 4.8 Alignment and Drop-downs

Post by cinds »

http://www.algonquincollege.com/vpfinadmin/
I am a beginner and would really like some assistance with a Netscape 4.8 problem. It is still a supported browser within my organisation, unfortunately, so there's no escaping it.

This product works just fine in IE6

Please take a look at our URL using Netscape 4.8 and let me know what I am doing wrong. I have been through the FAQ's and forums without any success
John
 Team
 Team

Post by John »

One of the other team members will have to get this one, as I no longer have anything that old. Sorry.
John
stephen702
Super Advanced
Super Advanced

Post by stephen702 »

In 4.8, the menu works fine for me. My operating system is XP.
John
 Team
 Team

Post by John »

One thing you didn't do is tell us what you are seeing that you think is wrong (given that Stephen is not seeing a problem).
John
cinds
Beginner
Beginner

Post by cinds »

The milonic menu is aligned to the left of the algonquin banner, and sometiems it disappears until you reload the page. (Cant tell you how much I hate supporting this browser!)
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

I have 4.79. I cannot see that the menu is in a different place. I do see what you show in the image, but that has to do with what netscape is doing to the other content on the page. The menu is all the way left at the 0px mark but in the image you show the table is shifted so it's not all the way at the 0px left.

As to the menu sometimes not loading, I've seen that happen, and it does show immediately on reload. If you can do this, I would suggest a javascript code on your pages to detect netscape4x and get it to automatically reload the page.

I'm not sure how many users you have to address with Netscape4x, I think there is some way to get those statistics but I don't know how you do it.

Ruth
kevin3442
Milonic God
Milonic God

Post by kevin3442 »

Cinds,

Try the following in the "Main Menu" definition, in your menu_data.js file:

(1) remove menuwidth="";

(2) replace menualign="right"; with screenposition="right";

Hope that helps,

Kevin