Background Images for buttons

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
alabuc
Super Advanced
Super Advanced

Background Images for buttons

Post by alabuc »

I see that this menu is a "work in progress" so i understand if there is no fix right now... but i was just wondering if there is a fix for this:

if you go to http://www.alabu.com/ibc/ you will notice that when you mousover the menu items a new background image appears. I've notice that on some computers (like the ones i use in the library at college) the background goes white for a second before it changes. this does not happen with my computer at home. I think this is because the computers at school are so much slower, in any event, i just want to see if there is any updates for this menu. and if not, does anyone have a guess on how many people this happens to? Thanks!

~Hal
John
 Team
 Team

Post by John »

You might want to try the preload images script, as it's only in the first instance of the image use. I can see the problem here, and I'm on a very fast connection.

Just FYI, your subs are invisible, as it appears to be white text on the white background, and the first sub overlays the logo.
John
alabuc
Super Advanced
Super Advanced

Post by alabuc »

Hey John thanks for your reply... I just found this out though. the problem has nothing to do with the computer... it only happens in internet explorer (i hardly use internet explorer on my computer so i didnt notice until today) so the image swap works fine in mozilla and other netscape-based browsers but not IE... any ideas? Thanks again!

~Hal